Malu Thor

Sunday Recap – Nov. 20, 2016

Bucket List Item: Checked

ESO Lutes

Ever since I composed the music for the bard songs in Elder Scrolls Online, I’ve wanted to organize an online “event” to sing all 10 songs live. That was… 2013? And since then, I’ve been pushing that dream back, saying, “I need to practice and be super prepared. One day… One day.”

That one day was finally last Friday. I felt like jumping online on Twitch and singing those songs. No matter how good or how bad. haha! No practice. Just singing.

One of the best things about Twitch is that it’s making me brave. It allows me to see, over and over, that nothing happens when you make a mistake… you can sing the wrong lyrics, play the wrong chords… and the world keeps turning. It’s all ok. There is nothing to be afraid of.

It sounds silly… but, this fear of doing something wrong is my biggest obstacle, and you are helping me defeat it. It was such an amazing experience! The video is still up on my channel, if you’d like to watch it. Here’s a link.

Can’t thank you guys enough for how kind you are to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thor Scare

Malu ThorWe had a bit of a health scare with Thor this week. He threw up several times and couldn’t keep food down, so I took him to the vet to take some tests. Since he had recently eaten a plastic bag, I was worried he had eaten something else. Thankfully, he turned out to be ok. We don’t know what it was, but it went away!

It’s always so sweet to see how everybody at the vet’s office loves him. Hehe! And he seems to act extra cute when people are all “awwww Thor”. Hahaha!

Fountain PenLamy Safari

After watching many YouTube videos on planners and pens, I finally caved in and bought a fountain pen. For some reason, I thought that once it arrived, my handwriting would be as nice as the people who make planner videos. Sadly, no. It’s still my wonky handwriting, but it’s ok. The pen is absolutely lovely! And it motivates me to write more and more, which is a great thing!

Time is Running Out

It’s November 20th. I realize that I must work extra hard this week to start finishing up the holiday songs that I hope to share! I should have two of them done by next weekend.

I’ll check in and we’ll see how that goes. hahaha! 😀 I’ve been saying that since September, I think.

Hope you guys are well!

• Reply Connor Cadellin McKee

Learning Japanese at the moment. Fountain pen is mannenhitsu, literally “thousand year brush”. The Japanese seem quite optimistic about how long those last!

November 21, 2016 at 7:17 am

Hahaha! That’s awesome. 😀

November 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm
  • Reply Asilbek

Hello Malukah! Today every minute visited your website and waited when you publish the new blog. At last has waited 🙂 I will surely watch your video on Twitching. You always sing beautifully and in any way differently. Your songs always inspired me. I am very glad that with Tor everything is all right and I wish him and you good health. By the way at us in Uzbekistan the First Snow has gone yesterday. I send you “snowball”. hahaha. Thanks for your fine songs and interesting blogs 😀

November 21, 2016 at 9:48 am

haha! Thank you for sending a snowball! Haha! I really wish it would snow in Monterrey 🙂 Thanks for being so supportive and for remembering the Sunday Recaps! 😀

November 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm
  • Reply Steve (thesawolf)

re: Bucket List Item: checked
    It is awesome seeing you embracing livestreaming and sharing it with all of us. As some of us have mentioned during one of your last streams, your growing level of confidence is showing. Mistakes happen and you are rolling with them well. Plus, we find the occasional “oh crap!” interjections hilarious 🙂 And awesome pic of the lutes!

re: Thor Scare
    Oh noes! Glad he is ok. My dog Cookie (as in Oreo Cookie since she is a border collie/pit bull mix) was very weak and not feeling well several weeks ago and I spent the entire weekend just cuddling her and hand feeding her food and water until she got better. It’s no surprise how much our canine companions touch our lives. (imagine maluThor twitch emoticon here)

re: Fountain Pen
    haha. I have a Montblanc fountain pen someone gave me a number of years ago. Sadly, it never improved my handwriting (namely because I’m left-handed and sinistrals have notoriously awful penmanship anyways.. that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it) but it does inspire the occasional pen-to-paper improvisation.

Good luck with the holiday songs and don’t worry, we’d be fine with a Christmas single or two if that’s all you end up managing. Regardless, we are behind you all the way!

Hugs and cookies to you, Thor and Omi!

November 22, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I’m glad Cookie is now better! Pets are definitely amazing companions. 🙂 And I laughed at the fact that a Montblanc pen didn’t improve your handwriting. It made me feel better that I chose not to spend too much on the fountain pen I bought. hahaha! 😀 Once I got it and tested it… I thought for a second… “Maybe if I got a more expensive one? I would improve? No?” hahaha! Thanks again for your awesome support on Steam, thesawolf!

November 24, 2016 at 3:21 pm