Malukah Christmas Concert Set

Sunday Recap (Dec 11, 2016)

Monday

I spent Monday afternoon deciding on a set list for a small 5-song performance I was invited to give at a holiday party. I don’t perform live (in person) very often, but this was an invitation from a great friend, so I was happy to go. It also helped me start preparing for the Twitch Christmas concerts, since even though the lyrics were in Spanish, I still got to practice the music a few times.

Tuesday

thorclapTuesday was the reveal of the Thor Clapping emote created by Nin Reyes. It was awesome! Made me laugh whenever I saw it, especially after defeating a mighty foe… Thor Clapping Emotes raining in the chat. hahahaha!

Since I wasn’t able to start the Skyrim stream as early as I hoped, Thor interrupted in the middle of it, wanting to go poop. The audience was fantastic. They waited while I took him for a walk! hahaha! Here’s the stream in case you missed it.

Wednesday

Wednesday is singing lesson day! My teacher watched a clip of Hallelujah, which I sang live on a stream. I was interested in hearing feedback from him specifically when I am singing alone. During class, I know he immediately corrects me if I’m doing something wrong. At home, I don’t always notice my mistakes.

It turns out, I did fairly well! Haha! There were a few suggestions he made that will definitely help me improve, but overall, I’m continuing to move in the right direction.

Later that afternoon, I took a clip of a performance of Beauty and the Beast and posted it to my main YouTube channel. I have always been so careful with the content I share there… making sure it’s as well done as I can get it to be. The Beauty and the Beast cover was far from perfect, but I still wanted to post it because I’m sick of never allowing myself to share things because they are not polished. As I said in the ESO livestream, I’m rebelling against all my insecurities. I’m done living in the “One day…” No. Today. And the feedback on this video has been lovely, so I’m hoping that over time I can continue to share some more spontaneous Twitch excerpts.

Also, may just applaud my own thumbnail? haha! I ALWAYS struggle with anything design related… And this time, I actually feel good about the result!

Thursday

I sang at my friend’s party. It was a lovely afternoon, and it was great to get a chance to sing live while standing up and reading chord sheets.

At home, I usually sing sitting down. At the party, singing while standing up and playing guitar… I realized that my voice still hurts a bit. By the end of the concert (which was super short), my voice felt tired and it shouldn’t have… I’m so happy I realized this, because I can now go to my teacher and ask for help when it comes to singing + guitar standing up.

When I got home, I started working on the “Christmas set” for the concerts. My mom lent me a fiber optic tree. It’s looking lovely!

Malukah Christmas Concert Set

Friday

I spent the whole day at a business course I am taking. Before the class even started, I spilled a ton of coffee on my shirt. haha!

Saturday

Malukah's Christmas ConcertI have finally settled on the set list for the Twitch Christmas concert. It’s going to be a two part concert. The first half will be traditional Christmas songs, and the second half will be a few modern Christmas songs, followed by songs that simply remind me of the holidays. I’m really looking forward to this!

I thought about sharing the setlist beforehand, but part of me wants to keep it a surprise… What do you guys think?

Sunday

I spent most of Sunday sick, sadly. Some sort of stomach bug, BUT the great thing is, I managed to watch a few more episodes of Westworld since there wasn’t much more I could do! hehe! Loving the show!!!

Thank you so much for reading! Hope you’re having a great week.

• Reply Steve (thesawolf)

Sounds like an overall productive week. Excitedly awaiting the 19th and 21st! (giddy dance)
    Hope your stomach bug has finally passed and your voice issues from Thursday are resolved too. You have our support and adoration, regardless. Just get well 🙂

As for Westworld, Season 1 is over so binge away! The 70’s movie version was pretty good even back then.. this new version is awesome and really looking for whatever is in store for Season 2 (but we have to wait until 2018!!). It’s interesting to see the range of things Michael Crichton has created.. from Westworld to Jurassic Park, Congo and Sphere.

Anyways, keep well and here’s to another productive season and holiday season!
    As always, hugs and cookies to you, Thor and Omi!

December 14, 2016 at 3:05 am

I had no idea Westworld was Michael Crichton’s until I read your comment when you posted it! Sorry for the delay in responding! I love love love the Michael Crichton books that I’ve read, but this one was completely under my radar. We send you hugs back from Mexico, Thesawolf! I’ll see you soon on Twitch or Twitter! 😀

December 26, 2016 at 4:02 pm
  • Reply Asilbek

Hey Malukah! I look forward to your Christmas concert. And I very much had liked your cover on the Beauty and the Monster. You there in my opinion played the new guitar. I wish you success in singing and creativity. For me you will always remain the best singer. I adore your beautiful voice. Thanks for your wonderful songs!

December 14, 2016 at 5:44 am
  • Reply Lisa Foster

I really enjoy watching your Twitch and YouTube channels. I never understood how my son could watch people playing video games until he introduced me to your YouTube channel. Thanks for posting.

Lisa
    (ImAKfoster)

December 14, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Hi Lisa!!!! You haaave to thank your son for me for introducing you to my channels! And to the hobby of watching gameplay videos in general. I used to feel just like you. Why would I watch when I can play or do other things? And then I started watching some people on YouTube and loved it! hahaha! 😀 Thank you for stopping by the blog. It’s also super cool to see you on Twitch!!!! 😀 Take care! My best to you and your family!!!

December 26, 2016 at 3:29 pm
  • Reply VoradorPT

Thor – The Clapper, definitely has a bunch of uses, both for game and song streams! And he’s so cute! And Thor – The Pooper, tried really hard to hold on until the end of the stream, but it was way past his pooping time!

It’s great that your teacher didn’t have a lot of things to correct from your Hallelujah clip. Soon he shall bow to you as he becomes part of the Reverb Empire! I’m also glad you uploaded your Beauty and the Beast cover to Youtube. It’s one more of your excellent covers that we can now listen to whenever we want and that won’t be eaten by Twitch! And it does have a very nice thumbnail!

It’s weird that singing while standing up made your voice hurt. Singers usually feel more at ease or in control that way, right? I hope your teacher helps you figure it out.

And yes, your Twitch concert stage looks very pretty! So excited! I do want to know the set list, but it’s a concert! A proper one! It has a poster and everything! People are not supposed to know these things! Keep it a surprise I say. I’ll just have to watch it to know what you sing/play!

I’ve only started watching Westworld recently, and I’m only a couple of episode in. So far I like it a lot! I’m sorry that you were sick on Sunday, and sorry that you have a cold now! 🙁 I hope you get better soon! Don’t forget to rest and take care of yourself!

December 15, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Hahaha! Yeah, poor Thor could not wait to poop during that one stream where I had to leave for a bit! hahaha! 😀 And as far as my teacher, since he got to see a bit of the second Christmas concert on Wednesday, he now has a list of things we need to work on!!! haha! I’m really looking forward to January for this reason. I noticed during the 2nd concert that my voice was a bit more tired than usual by the end, so there is still work to be done, even for singing while sitting down. But, it’s fun work! 😀 I am watching the final episode of Westworld later today!!! See you soon on Twitch!

December 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
  • Reply Thijs

“I’m done living in the “One day…” No. Today. ” – This is by far the most important lesson I’ve learned in the past year. You never know if you might it to ‘one day’, so just go out and do what you need to do. You only get 1 shot at life.

For the concerts I’d say (although the advice may come a bit late), go for surprises in the 1st concert. And if the setlist has leaked out for the 2nd, you can always decide to release it for that one.

The more I hear about your livestream (and watch parts of them back, unfortunately I haven’t had the time to watch them fully), I am saddened that I keep missing them. But Woe be unto him who keeps me from the concert, haha! 😉 I’m glad you get to work on your singing so much. And I bet the live practicing was nice too. Keep at it, Malu! 😀

December 16, 2016 at 9:57 am

I’m glad this is a lesson we both learned this year, Thijs. Like you say… by far one of the most important lessons ever! Enough thinking, enough analyzing. Let’s just get things done! haha! 😀 Thank you so much for your support! Hopefully we’ll be able to coincide on more streams in 2017!

December 26, 2016 at 3:37 pm
  • Reply tm599

The Christmas set is looking great, really looking forward to the concert!
    I think the setlist should be a surprise. For the second concert the setlist will already be known, so you’ll have both cases covered.

I hope you’re feeling better, and see you on the next stream!

December 16, 2016 at 5:42 pm

I followed your advice and kept the setlist a surprise! I think it worked out better this way!!!! 😀 Thanks again for being there, Tommy!

December 26, 2016 at 3:35 pm
  • Reply aryan

aww noooo i missed the Wednesday stream! darn guess il watch it on playback

December 22, 2016 at 1:47 pm
  • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

I have to say it’s pretty exciting to see you grow as a musician. It’s very inspiring! We all have fears and insecurities. You’ve decided to tackle them face on…like a warrior! It’s very courageous. I’m totally glad you decided to bring your Reverb Nation along for the journey.

I also have a quick question. You’ve never recorded A Hero Comes Home from Beowulf? Why? 😀 :p

December 23, 2016 at 2:59 am

Thank you for the beautiful message, Veronica! It has been so rewarding to open up and face these insecurities. The support you guys have shown is incredibly motivating! And A Hero Comes Home is a song that has been requested since years ago! I have heard it, but I have always wanted to watch the whole movie before recording it… To better understand the meaning of the song. And I just haven’t gotten around to it. But, thank you for reminding me. It’s time to do that! 😀

December 26, 2016 at 3:34 pm