Thor Gifts

Sunday Recap – Dec. 18, 2016

This Sunday recap is so late! It’s the next Friday!!!! Noooo, I’m slipping. I must not give up on this Sunday tradition, but it has been such an exciting week that it’s been difficult to focus.

Monday

On Monday morning, I woke up feeling ill. I felt bummed because I had already announced the 2 Twitch Christmas Concerts on the 19th and 21st. It so often happens to me, that when I have something important scheduled, I stress about it so much that I end up getting a cold. Doctor says stress can lower our defenses. Well, Booooo my defenses that panic and wimp out. hahaha! I was luckily able to schedule an appointment and started taking the prescribed medications to hopefully be back to normal by the following Monday.

ThorCamThat afternoon, I streamed some Skryim and introduced the new Thor Cam! I love it! Now you can join me AND THOR live! haha! Another super cool moment was when Mr. Moon subscribed. Mr. Moon is so awesome! I am a big fan. He makes role playing videos. Some edited for YouTube (like this one, my favorite) and he also streams.

Tuesday

Thor Gifts

On Tuesday, I went to the hair salon. I needed a haircut and I wanted to once again get my hair dyed in ombre style (which is when hair is darker at the roots and grows lighter and lighter towards the ends). This time, though, I was feeling extra adventurous and asked Tita to make it a bit blonder than before… Out of curiosity. I left the salon SOOOO BLONDE. hahaha! The hair looked lovely, but I felt a bit weird because it was a big change. It actually took me about a week to get used to it, and now it’s all good! Not sure I would dye it this blonde again, but it’s always nice to try something different.

Later in the evening, Thor received some very special gifts. See, a few weeks ago, Thor donated blood for a dog that was in the emergency room. The vets tried everything, but sadly, the pup didn’t make it. 🙁 As I was leaving the vet’s office, I ran into the owner of the pup and she thanked us for helping. She asked for our address and stopped by to bring Thor some gifts. I’m so sorry for what they went through. I can’t even imagine… And it was incredible of them to still be so thoughtful towards Thor.Thor Gifts

Wednesday

Wednesday was Rogue One day. We went to a midnight screening of it! I enjoyed the movie very much, and it just made me wish I could watch Episode 8 NOW. hahaha! I love Star Wars.

Thursday

Oooh, this day was epic. I’ll tell you why… I picked a Master Lock in Skyrim!!!! Can you believe it? hahaha! I decided to test an earlier streaming schedule and began playing at around 10:30am. It was super fun! (Many thanks to thesawolf for the clip!)

Later in the day, I rehearsed the Christmas concert songs very quietly. I was still getting over my cold, but it was moving along nicely. It seemed possible that I’d be back to normal by Monday.

Friday

I finalized the setlist on Friday. At the last moment, I decided to add Ave Maria, which is a challenging piece. It made me nervous, but on the other hand, it felt like something I needed to do. The only way to get better at anything is to actually go out and do it. My way of looking at it was… even if I screw up terribly, it means that it’s one performance under my belt. When I sing it later again, it will possibly be better… and better the 3rd time, etc.

Saturday

I spent most of Saturday resting. I still felt a bit sick and wanted to try my best to heal up before Monday. I took advantage of the downtime and watched a bunch of Westworld episodes. I’m loving the series! I’m so far on episode 8. Almost done with the first season!

Sunday

On Sunday, I felt better and decided to record a full rehearsal of the Christmas concert. From start to finish. To get an idea of how long the concert would be and if my voice would be able to get through it. It went well. I still had several adjustment to make for the chord sheets I was going to use, so I spent some time on that, too.

Also, I made a broccoli soup that was AWFUL. hahaha! I tried following a recipe, but I think I went crazy with the garlic? Or something. It was one of those things that made me think… Why did I even bother to get all these dishes dirty to make this??? hahahaha! 😀 I must find a different recipe!

And that was my week. Little did I know what lay ahead. 🙂 But, that’s a story for next Sunday!

Thanks for reading!

Much love from Mexico,
Malukah

• Reply Connor Cadellin McKee

Rogue One was so good, saw it myself that day. Keep up the journal posts, they’re fun to read!

December 23, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Yaaay! I’m glad you like the journal posts. I’m just sitting down to write a new one after I finish responding to comments. Glad you got a chance to see Rogue One!

December 26, 2016 at 3:32 pm
  • Reply Vul Dovah

I’m glad that you are okay. Have a marry and blessed Christmas!! I was on both concerts live and it was sooo good! I was in such a good mood and so happy after them. I don’t remember feeling so good in years. So thank you so much! But sadly I have some problems creating an account on Twitch, so I just watching. But anyway it was good and amazing! Thank you again. Say hi to Omi and Thor! And Happy New year, in case that I don’t get to say it in time.

December 24, 2016 at 2:07 pm

It’s so amazing to hear that you were able to be at both concerts and felt happy afterwards! I felt so happy, too! You guys are so nice and supportive in the chat. It was amazing to get to hang out with you! 😀 Happy New Year to you as well, in case we don’t talk before then! Thank you so, sooo much! 😀

December 26, 2016 at 3:31 pm
  • Reply Aryan

Thanks for the concert 🙂 it was superb hope you had a Happy Christmas.

December 26, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Thank YOU, Aryan! 😀 And Christmas was lovely here with family! Best wishes to you!

December 26, 2016 at 3:24 pm
  • Reply VoradorPT

Sooo late! I only saw this because I got the notification for your comment reply on the previous post :p Bad Malukah! I’m holding you accountable for timely Sunday Recaps! But not really… at least for the holidays. It’s OK to slip for these crazy weeks, I think. 🙂

The Christmas concerts were amazing! And Ave Maria was soooo goood. I’m glad you’ve included it. I didn’t mind that you were not playing it on piano because you used the instrument you “play” best! Your voice! I look forward for more concerts next year 🙂

Also, I finished watching Westworld. The ending didn’t disappoint! It’s going to be fun to see where they take it next season!

Alright, I’m gonna go and stuff myself some more.

See you next time!

December 26, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Hahaha! Yes, hold me accountable. hahaha! 😀 I’m so happy you were there for the Christmas music!!!! And glad you liked Ave Maria. Looking back, I am so happy I went for it! hehehe! Oooh, I can’t wait to finish Westworld! It’s great to know it delivers! See you soon, Vorador!!!! 😀 Thanks for reading and commenting!

December 26, 2016 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply matthew beadle

I didn’t think it could be done but you did it you got even more beautiful

December 30, 2016 at 1:54 am

hehe! Thank you, Matthew. 🙂

December 30, 2016 at 8:13 am
  • Reply Asilbek(malufan)

Hi Malukah! Happy New Year! Woooo On my favourite website new design! That’s wonderful! Such happiness that you have started over again writing the Sunday Recap. I always enjoy very much reading your Recaps. I wish good health to you and the Torah and let all troubles are passed by you. Your eternal and far admirer! Thanks for your fine songs and excellent mood which you share with all!

January 4, 2017 at 7:06 am

I’m so happy you like the redesign! I still have some fixing to do, but I’m liking it better than before. 🙂 Thank you for reading!

January 10, 2017 at 5:07 am