Malukah Christmas Concert 1

Sunday Recap – Dec 25th, 2016

Merry Christmaaaas! Well, yesterday. But still, Merry Christmaaaaas!

Haha! This past week I was a good Malukah and actually managed to keep a journal for all days, so let’s revisit.

It was an incredible week, overall, for many reasons and in great part due to you guys!

Monday

Malukah Christmas Concert 1On Monday, the first of two Christmas Concerts took place. It was pure happiness on steroids for me. I think it’s the best I’ve felt all year! Just so hopeful and happy and grateful and all good things. It was great that you guys suggested here (in the last recap) that I keep the set list a surprise. It worked out super well! It was awesome to start singing a song and see the live responses in the chat the moment they identified it! Oh, and also super cool that you enjoyed the newly extended version version of The Dragonborn Comes! We voted, and this will be one of the first projects of 2017! Recording an “official” version of it for my YouTube channel.

Tuesday

Tuesday morning, still feeling like I was floating in happiness clouds, I went to my favorite cafe with my laptop to do some online work. For the longest time, I’d been debating on whether to open a Patreon account or not, but I have always felt strange about it. Technically, I have a roof over my head, we have enough money for bills, we have food and treats for Thor… So, it feels weird to ask for money. Yet, every week or two, I’m get a message asking if I’m on there.

Now that I’m feeling more confident and more determined to create fearlessly, I decided to go for it. Again, one of those things where I’m tired of saying “One day…” No. TODAY. hahaha!

I fumbled over the text and in the end chickened out. hahaha! I didn’t know what to write! (update: I have since published the Patreon profile, but it still has no text. hahahaha! Baby steps. I figured, if it ends up continuing to be uncomfortable to ask for help, I’ll remove it. But, I have to try things. I can’t make decisions based on conjectures.)

Wednesday

Wednesday morning, at my singing lesson with Oziel, we went over the first verse of Silent Night in German. Oziel has a lot of experience performing opera in many languages, so helped me try to get the pronunciation as close as possible in one morning. Hehe. 😀

Later that day, we celebrated Christmas Concert #2! I’m so glad the 2pm schedule made it more accessible for some of you guys! Wooo! And it was awesome that the verse I sang in German was successfully identified as being in German. hahaha!

It was an extra treat that Oziel was able to be there! He even made a Twitch account to be able to chat! I was so happy to see him there, interacting with all of you, and I can’t wait for January so we can continue with lessons.

I loved these concert experiences so much that they will become a regular feature of 2017!

Thursday

Hahahaha! I’m reading my journal and all I wrote for Thursday is how badly I wanted to go buy Hershey’s Kisses. hahaha! The thing about eating healthy, once you get in the groove, you stop craving sugar. But, with the holidays, I fell off the wagon a bit and it became all I could think about. I’m happy to report that instead of buying Kisses, I made myself a cup of tea and moved on. Writing can really help tone down food anxiety. 🙂

Friday

I spent most of Friday afternoon working on an arrangement of Silent Night. It’s a reworked version of a recording I made at the end of 2014, right when my voice was at its worst. So, I never made a video for it. I wanted to see if I could release it this year. I recorded all vocals so the only thing left to do was mix it… but…

Saturday

SundayRecap-ChristmasChristmas happened. It was a such a great day. We celebrated at my parents’ house with a Christmas lunch with my whole family. You know how as you grow older, you start noticing how some years are better than others? When it comes to circumstances, family, health and just in general? Well, this Christmas gathering was a beautiful one. I’m thankful for many conversations and jokes and sharing memories.

Once we got home that evening, I wanted to mix Silent Night and also export the live songs from the Concerts to post them free on Bandcamp, but I’m afraid I was in a food comma. Hahaha! I decided to take a nap and tackle those things later that night… except… fireworks happened. And Thor doesn’t like them. He ran into my studio and put his paw on my lap, his eyes big and worried. I turned off the computer, and took Thor to the quietest room in the house. Played some New Age music over speakers and just sat there with him until the fireworks ended.

Sunday

Malukahs Christmas Concert LiveOn Sunday, I finally managed to upload the free Christmas Album to Bandcamp. I proceeded to open the Silent Night session to mix it, and this happened:

SundayRecap-Logic

The session file somehow got corrupted! I took this as a sign to let Silent Night go and just enjoy the day. Hahaha! I will save the arrangement for the formal Christmas album next year.

I spent the afternoon drinking hot chocolate and learning how to use the Christmas gifts I got. More about that soon!

Thank you so much for reading! I still can’t believe the year is almost over. But, 2017, let’s do this!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

Hugs from Mexico,

• Reply sacredbanana

Sounds like you had an epic Christmas week!

December 26, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Hehe! Yes! Thank you so much for reading, SacredBanana!

December 26, 2016 at 6:41 pm

And in case I don’t get to say it before then, Happy New Year!!!! 😀 Hope you have a great time celebrating!

December 26, 2016 at 6:43 pm
  • Reply WildestHydra904

Thanks for posting this on Twitter, this was surprisingly fun to read. I’m glad you two had a very merry Christmas, may the festivities never end! Sounds like 2017 will be an exciting year, let’s make the best of it!

December 26, 2016 at 7:38 pm

yaaay! I’m glad it was fun to read! Hehehe! Thank you so much! And yes, let’s make the best of 2017!!!!!!

December 26, 2016 at 8:11 pm
  • Reply Veki

Apparently, you had great time! I only had enough of it to enjoy coffee with several close friends. Job is killing me. I wish there was any other way. Blahhh… Nevermind, one should not cry over spilled milk. I love your blog, by the way.

December 27, 2016 at 9:23 am

Aaaah! So sorry to hear the job has been rough! I hope you get a chance to relax a bit for New Years? Hopefully? Thanks for reading, Veki.

December 27, 2016 at 3:48 pm
  • Reply Steve (thesawolf)

Definitely a busy and productive holiday season. Thoroughly enjoyed the holiday concerts. Thank you sooooo much for doing those. They really helped infuse me with some holiday spirit that I was severely lacking this season. I ended up playing your YouTube recap for family during Christmas up until you released the album on bandcamp and then I was playing that for them. It was nice listening to my mother try to sing-a-long with you 🙂

Here’s to a ¡Próspero Año Nuevo! in 2017

December 27, 2016 at 4:08 pm

It was super cool of you to play that for your family! Hope you guys had a lovely Christmas! I would have liked to hear your mom sing along! Hehe! Thank you for all your help this past month, Thesawolf! You’ve helped make Twitch a great experience!

December 30, 2016 at 8:17 am
  • Reply VoradorPT

Merry 27th of December Christmas!

I’m glad you had such a happy week 🙂 That’s how Christmas week should be… No, that’s how every week should be!

Poor scared puppy though, and the lost work on Silent Night. Those are not good!

I’m looking forward to see all the good things that 2017 brings you, and also, of course, all the good things you bring us in 2017 :p

Happy future New Year!

December 27, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Yaaaay! Vorador, I’m looking forward to 2017, too! 😀 I have my stereo ready for New Years, when there are surely going to be more fireworks. Hopefully Thor won’t be as scared! Thanks again for reading, and for being here and a Twitch mod! I really appreciate it! 😀

December 30, 2016 at 8:15 am
  • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

Poor Thor! I hope there wasn’t a lot of New Year’s fireworks to scare him.
    I missed your last stream,but I checked it out today. I have to say,your talent never ceases to amaze me. I really enjoyed Over The Rainbow and Invincible…I think was the name? I’m glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year to you,Omi,and Thor of course!
    P.S. You struggle a bit with my Twitch name,so I altered it slightly to help you out. We’ll see! 😀 :p

January 1, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Hahaha! Which one is your Twitch name? hahaha! 😀 Thor survived the fireworks with the help of a doggie treat and some calming music. It’s so cool you were able to watch the stream later. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed singing Over the Rainbow… It’s one of those songs I’ve always known but never tried to sing. It’s so pretty! And yep, the other song is called Invincible and it’s gorgeous. From World of Warcraft. Happy New Year to you, too! We send you all our love!

January 2, 2017 at 6:49 am
      • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

😀 I’m spiralingout72.Twitch limits the changes users make to their name,but I changed it to SpiralingOut72. It’s a reference to Tool’s Lateralus. The end lyric is spiral out/keep going. If you haven’t given it a listen,I highly recommend. Although,I have to admit it cracks me up when you say spiralinGOUT. 😀
        Glad Thor made in through the fireworks! He had me laughing with his licking during the Skyrim stream. LOL
        Have a great week,and I’ll see on Twitch!

January 2, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Hahaha! I think I’m just going to call you Miss Gout if I see you on Twitch. Hahahaha! 😀 It cracks me up, too whenever I see your name because I can’t believe it took me that long to realize my mistake. 😀 And oh, Thor… The adult star. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I’ll be sure to check out the Tool song!

January 2, 2017 at 9:58 pm
  • Reply glumissek

Hi Malukah, great to see you had such a wonderful Christmas. 🙂 I actually remembered you today when it started to snow here in Prague, since you once said you wished it snowed more in Monterrey. Happy New Year and many more beautiful songs! 🙂

January 2, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Ooooh Prague must look extra beautiful with snow! Thanks for remembering and for writing! I hope you had a lovely Christmas, too! And best wishes for 2017, Glumissek! 😀

January 2, 2017 at 4:56 pm
  • Reply Asilbek(malufan)

Hi Malukah! Merry Christmas! I congratulate you on the last week 2016! I wish you to find the most valuable, to keep the most expensive, to receive long-awaited, to release leaving, to forget sad, to forgive unfair and to get the best! Let new 2017 will be even better previous! Your far admirer. Thank you for all!

January 4, 2017 at 7:01 am

Thank you, Asilbek! And my very best wishes to you in this New Year! May you all dream of, become true. 😀

January 10, 2017 at 5:06 am