Sunday Recap – Jan 1st, 2017

Hello, January! Happy New Year, guys! I hope 2017 is a fantastic year for you and your loved ones. Thank you for being here!

During the last week of the year, time seemed to move at a slower pace.

Monday

On Monday, we were still eating left over Mac n’ Cheese from Christmas. Unfortunately, we couldn’t share with Thor.

In the afternoon, I went to pick up a gift from one the Twitch mods who protect my channel, Thesawolf. It made me laugh. 😀 Thanks, Thesawolf!

SR-Jan01_thesamug-1

In general, the mod team is doing an incredible job in keeping the chat a friendly, fun space. Thank you so much!

I streamed Skyrim at night and showed the Thor calendar I made for my mom. I got some requests to make more. Hehe! I think I will!

Tuesday

I spent Tuesday learning how to use my Christmas gifts. One is a Silhouette Portrait, which is a cutting machine for arts and crafts. I figured out how to make stickers! WOO! I don’t know why it makes me so happy. These stickers below are for keeping track of when I stream. Hehehehe!

The other gift is a mini laser engraver. It works on materials like bits of wood. I still haven’t been able to get it to align properly, and the instructions aren’t very clear… but I’ll keep trying!

Wednesday

Wednesday morning, Thor and I took an extra long walk. The weather was lovely.

In the afternoon, I streamed some live music! I got a request to sing Hesitation, from All of the Above. I hadn’t played this in years! It reminded me of how much I loved working on that original album, and how excited I am to be recording a new one this year. It always surprises me when you guys know these old songs.

Afterwards, we went out for lunch and I ate a bacon hamburger that is worth mentioning in this recap just because it was so epic.

At night, we recorded an episode of our Spanish gaming podcast, El Rol que Jugamos on Twitch. It’s been very cool to see this community growing over time. It’s every Wednesday at 9pm central on Omi’s channel.

Thursday

On Thursday, I streamed music again! I finally got to play Sinking Ships for Tommy (a sub/mod) who requested this a few weeks ago. Beautiful song. I’m glad Tommy introduced me to this band, Trees of Eternity. From wiki: “Their music is often described as down-tempo, doom/death-inspired melancholia with ghostly female vocals.”

Friday

Friday was spent preparing for a get-together with friends at our house. Everyone showed up at around 8pm. We ordered delicious tacos and proceeded to reminisce about 2016.

Also, MoraGamer on Twitter shared this pic of a newspaper featuring some musicians who make tributes to games on YouTube! Nice to be included!

Saturday

Saturday was spent recuperating from Friday. haha! In the evening, we gathered with family to celebrate New Year’s Eve. More delicious food. I think I’m still full and it’s Monday… hahaha!

When fireworks started going off, Thor got a bit scared, but we were prepared. Omi put a playlist on Spotify called something like “Dog Therapy Music”. hahaha! And we gave Thor a bone to chew. Food won over fear! Haha! Good ol’ Labs.

Sunday

I managed to clean up a lot on Sunday. It was long overdue. We had an entire… Well… I should say. I had an entire area of the house full of boxes, camera equipment, guitar cases, boxes of percussion instruments, etc. Things needed to be sorted and stored properly…. Hmm…  I’d never realized how the words sorted and stored are made up exactly of the same letters. hahaha! I spent a couple of hours doing that and it made such a difference!

I ended the day by streaming Skyrim. <3

Thanks for reading, guys! I’m looking forward to this new year and all the adventures we’ll get to go on together.

Love from Mexico,

• Reply Branislav

Happy New Year Malukah! 😀
    I wish you all the best in 2017. Just don’t be shy with sharing your talent to the world. You never dissapoint, and your songs alongside your cheerful character touched the hearts of many people, not to say it inspired many to pursue their own creative work. <3

Good luck in everything you do. 🙂

January 2, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Thank you for what you wrote, Branislav. It means a lot to me to have this kind of support. I hope 2017 is lovely for you that you are also pursuing your dreams! Best wishes from Mexico!

January 2, 2017 at 9:54 pm
  • Reply Cappy (DarkLordDashie)

I love the pictures you included in this blog post. Sounds like you had a really amazing week! Poor Thor though. You can tell he really wanted the Mac and Cheese.

Have a fantastic week!

January 2, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Hey DarkLordDashie! Glad you liked the pictures! Thanks for reading. 🙂 I’ll see you on Twitch. (and yes, poor Thor was miserable about the Mac n Cheese… hehehe!)

January 2, 2017 at 9:56 pm
  • Reply tm599

Mmm… that mac’n’cheese looks delicious. Oh and Happy New Year!

That Silhouette Portrait machine is awesome, didn’t even know such a thing existed. Speaking of Twitch stream scheduling, any idea when a schedule will be revealed?

Oh wow I’m mentioned in the post *blushes* haha. I’m so happy that you like ToE and that you sang Sinking Ships!!

Bring on 2017!

January 2, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Haha! yeah! Bring it on!!! I was so surprised when I found out that craft cutting machines like that existed and that they were affordable consumer products and not something only a big factory could have! hahaha! 😀

I’ve posted the schedule on Twitch. This is what we’re starting with:
      Monday: 2:30pm – 4:30pm (CST)
      Tuesday: 12pm – 2pm (CST)
      Thursday; 12pm – 2pm (CST)

I’m sure I’ll be randomly streaming at other times, other days. But I’d like to stick to these 3 days as a base. 😀

January 3, 2017 at 1:24 am
  • Reply thesawolf (Steve)

Poor Thor.. adorable pictures tho. (haha) You’ll just have to make awful faces when eating it so Thor thinks it’s nasty or something. That’s actually worked on my dog a few times.. Just like going “mmmmmm” and “ahhhhh” on awful food will make my dog actually take a bite (where she wouldn’t normally)

Thanks for the shoutout! May all your sips from the mug taste of Ambrosia 🙂 And it’s my honour helping out with the Twitch streams. Luckily, the #ReverbEmpire community are made up of very decent, kind and worldly people and the chat reflects that (thankfully). They say.. “You reap what you sow” and YOU put out alot of goodwill and warm fuzzies and it comes right back to you 🙂 And I, and a number of others, I’m sure, EAGERLY await a Thor calendar to purchase. Take my money now 🙂

Rest of your week looked like a good ending to 2016. Here’s to hoping 2017 is much better and full of new wonders!

January 2, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Hope 2017 is also fantastic for you, Thesawolf! 😀 And what you wrote about your dog made me think of earlier today when my mom was trying to convince Thor to eat carrots. hahaha! He didn’t like them at all. He liked the cooked carrots with butter (of course he did), but not the raw ones that are supposed to be a healthy dog snack! Hahaha! See you on Twitch!

January 3, 2017 at 1:26 am
  • Reply Germán

Felicidades Malu!!
    Jajaja me encantó la carita de Thor!! es muy leeeendoo 😛

X un excelente 2017 y x mucha más música!

Beso desde Argentina!

January 3, 2017 at 10:46 am

Muchas gracias, Germán!!! Saludos de vuelta desde México y de parte de Thor también!

January 10, 2017 at 5:03 am
  • Reply VoradorPT

Poor Thor! People keep scaring him with fireworks and he doesn’t even get to eat some mac and cheese? *sadlabface*

So far the mod work has been pretty easy! The reverb empire is a civilized bunch. Also, are the polar bear keys used to launch a Malufousing strike? 😀 And you should make that calendar!

I had no idea such fancy cutters existed for home! I kind of want one now, even though I have nothing to do with it!

El Rol que Jugamos is fun, even though I don’t really speak Spaninsh! But being Portuguese, I understand about 60%, can figure out 20% more based on context, and the last 20% I’ll just have to learn! 😀 I am only able to watch it on the Twitch archive or Omi’s YT though. It goes on a little late for me to watch it live :p

I’m hoping you have a very awesome 2017! See you soon!

January 3, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Haha After surviving the fireworks, he really did deserve some mac n cheese! hehe! And yes, those polar bear keys are precisely that… To call an Emergency Maloofus Strike. hahahaha! I’m glad El Rol is fun! There are definitely similarities between Spanish and Portuguese. Like you, I can sometimes follow with just certain similar words 😀 See you again soon on Twitch, Vorador! 😀

January 10, 2017 at 5:05 am
  • Reply Addison Dorsey

Keep it up malukah your very awesome 🙂

January 6, 2017 at 6:10 am

Thank you so much for the compliment and for stopping by the blog, Addison! 😀 Happy New Year!!!

January 6, 2017 at 6:14 am
  • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

Thor’s face at being denied mac n cheese makes me laugh so much! I get those same squinty,sad puppy dog eyes from our dog Stormy.

That’s so awesome you were featured in an article! What well earned recognition indeed. Just building that empire you are. 😉

So today my earworm was Reignite. I think someone needs to come up with a more pleasant name for a song that’s stuck in your head…at least one that you like. I embraced it and watched your video as well as a bunch of covers on YouTube for Reignite. Do you have any idea how many covers there are?! Oodles and oodles! I’m going to be dreaming this song! 😀

Have a great weekend!

January 7, 2017 at 3:10 am

Hehe! I see Stormy is also well versed in human manipulation. hahaha! 😀 And holy cow, I had never searched for Reignite covers and was shocked to see so many of them! Suuuper cool! I have an idea… so that you change songs for some variety… What if I sing ♬♫ iiiiit’s a smaaaall world aaaafter alll ♫♫♪♬ Iiiit’s a smalll woooorld aaaafter aaaaal ♬♫ Is Reignite a distant memory?… ahhahaa

January 10, 2017 at 5:02 am