Coffee

Sunday Recap – Jan 8, 2017

Monday

Monday? Hello? Are you there? No? Ok.

Haha. I know I worked on the previous Sunday recap… but, I can’t remember anything else.

Oh!! Wait. While writing the Recap at my favorite coffee shop, I got my coffee personalized! They were doing this for costumers in celebration of New Year’s. It says Judith because they do not know my secret identity! Hehehehe!

Tuesday

On Tuesday, I played Doom for the first time on stream. It’d been several weeks since the last time I played, so I had to relearn the controls. Hehe. I was surprised by how fun it was to play this live. I was worried that it wouldn’t be as good a game to stream as Skyrim, but no. It was great! I was also worried that I’d get lost and it would take me forever to figure out where to go… and it DID happen, but the chat guided me!

Wednesday

On Wednesday, I started rehearsing All of the Above, in preparation for the concert. It was a trip down memory lane! I’m excited about sharing live performances of all these new songs next week on Twitch!

At 9pm, we recorded our weekly podcast, El Rol que Jugamos. One of our listeners, Majkir, surprised us with this hilarious video of 2016 highlights. The part at the end, where Maj got several people from the community to contribute audio clips, was very moving. What an incredible community this has become. <3

Thursday

I played Doom for longer than I meant to. Haha! I was supposed to stream from 12-2pm… and when I looked at the time, it was 4pm. Haha! The most ridiculous thing happened, too. I had gotten an alert that the PS4 controller had low battery. I went ahead and played. Until it died. (Thanks for the clip, Thesawolf!)

And then, just as I was scrambling trying to find the cable to charge it, I was raided by a big streamer named Tofusenshi. She sent over 70 people to my channel and I spiraled deeply into panic mode. hahaha! I was eventually able to find a cable, feeling like a huge Maloofus.

Friday

I spent some time trying to make a Patreon update video. I set up my nice camera, lights, and then I couldn’t get things to work properly. Eventually, I decided to keep it simple and just use the webcam. I think I might stick to the webcam for updates. Part of me wants the better quality image… but, the other part wants to be able to record spontaneously. And not grumpily because of technology. Haha!

Malukah Patreon

Saturday

Saturday shall forever be known as the day when I realized how much better it is to play Overwatch with mouse and keyboard. haha! I had only played it with a controller before.

Mouse/Keyboard for FPS’ses always makes me hesitate because the super fast movements make me dizzy. I’m glad I tried Overwatch. In this particular game, I can handle it. My favorite character to play is Mercy!

Sunday

On Sunday, I saw tofusenshi was streaming on Twitch. I visited her channel so I could thank her for the raid. It was so nice to meet her! She’s a sweetheart and ended up drawing a portrait for me! It was such a cool process to watch. I sat there, completely hypnotized by how she would create a line, smudge, line, smudge, line smudge… and all of a sudden… face. hahahaha! Even more surprising was learning that she’s only started drawing with charcoal very recently! Check out these images, and be sure to check out Senshi’s channel!

Thank you so much for reading! I’ll see you guys on Twitch, Twitter, here, everywhere!

Love,

• Reply sacredbanana

And this was the week I joined you live for the first time 🙂

January 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Hahaha! Yes!!!!! We shall always remember that, too!!!!

January 10, 2017 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply Steve (thesawolf)

Firstly, I love the new website layout and design.👍

There has been much hilarity watching you play DOOM. Many maluPanic moments have been had (too bad twitch emoticons don’t work here. hehe)

Majkir’s video was very thoughtful and heartwarming and was an amazing gesture in acknowledging your, Omi’s and Warius’ contributions to the community with the podcast.

Tofusenshi is a very talented young artist, and it was very cool when the tofu “raid” invaded the twitch chat (I like the raid concept.. it’s cute) and watching her work on your portrait.

As for the Patreon, I am really looking forward to your upcoming behind-the-scenes look at your creative process. It’s been amazing to see the process unveiled live during the twitch streams and am sure it will be equally amazing as you release them on Patreon.

Good productive start to the new year! Full steam ahead!

January 10, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Full steam and Maloofusness ahead! hahaha! 😀 Thanks for being there. It was so cool to see you donate to Senshi!

January 10, 2017 at 5:12 pm
  • Reply WildestHydra904

I’m really bummed about my limited Spanish skills. That highlight reel made the podcast look like a lot of fun, and from what little I’ve seen, it sure is. There are so many wonderful things and people out in the world that I’ll never understand or even know about because I don’t speak the language; and that really bums me out. I know there’s plenty enough in English to keep me satisfied, but it would be really nice to just what else the world has to offer.

Thanks for the fun read! See you on the stream!

January 10, 2017 at 5:09 pm

You are so right about languages… I had never thought of it in this way… That we mostly get to enjoy the things we understand. So much more is out there in the world. Holy cow, this is a very deep insight. Thanks for sharing, WildestHydra. See you on stream!

January 10, 2017 at 5:14 pm
  • Reply Vul Dovah

I just want to say that I’m sorry for not being able to be on twitch very much cuz I have some troubles with it on my phone and no internet on my PC so I can’t really be there much. I can see how much it means to you and I’m so sorry that I can’t be part of it. But hopefully soon I will. Hope you are well and have a nice week!

January 10, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Vul Dovah, no worries, I understand completely! And it means a lot to me that you take the time to visit this blog and read and comment! Sometimes technology can be so complicated!!! 😀 My best wishes to you from Mexico!

January 14, 2017 at 4:45 pm
  • Reply Cappy (DarkLordDashie)

Wohoo! A new recap. 😀 As Thesawolf said, I’m also really liking your new website design.

I have been really looking forward to your streams and absolutely loving them no matter if it’s gaming or music related. Both are really fun and enjoyable and your twitch crowd is great and make them even more enjoyable. I love having your streams to look forward to each and every week. The current schedule you have posted really helps out with that too so I have a general idea of when to be around for them.

Seems like you’ve once again had a really awesome week though. Here’s to another great week! Can’t wait for your All of the Above concert. AotA is an awesome album. 🙂

January 11, 2017 at 12:47 am

Cappy! It makes my day that yo enjoy the streams. They have been such a fun experience for me, as well! And it’s something I look forward to, also! The website design is something I always struggle with, but I seem to like this new layout template finally. hahaha! 😀 I still have to fix some things, but for now, it does feel a bit better than the previous one! Thanks again for reading, and I’ll see you hopefully next week for the AotA concert(s)! 😀

January 14, 2017 at 4:43 pm
  • Reply Asilbek(MaluFan)

Hello Malukah! I adore observing you on Twitch. And also to watch as you play some games. And I adore your singing, your really angelic voice and your modesty more. Still I want to add that your portrait from tofusenwivas has turned out perfectly.
    Thank you for the next Recap and great mood which has received during reading. Each your Recap for me as a holiday! Much love from Uzbekistan.

January 11, 2017 at 6:47 am

I am happy you enjoy these recaps! thank you Asilbek! 😀

January 14, 2017 at 4:41 pm
  • Reply Connor Cadellin McKee

If the speed on keyboard and mouse FPSs are an issue, you could try lowering mouse sensitivity? Keyboard and mouse are definitely the way to go!

January 11, 2017 at 7:16 am

Hey Connor! Yes, this definitely helped! In theory, I wanted to be able to move as fast as possible, but it made my eyes tired very quickly. So reducing the sensitivity made it easier on my eyes!

January 14, 2017 at 3:57 pm
  • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

Fancy coffee looks so much yummier to me. It’s like my kids wanting money for the ice cream truck in the summer,when we already have ice cream in the freezer. It’s not the same somehow. It’s special. 😀

I stopped by briefly and watched a bit of Overwatch last night. I liked the music playing in the background. It goes well with the game. You’ve got a great team! I stuck around for a couple of rounds,and both ended with victory. Nice!

Tofusenshi rendered a great portrait! Charcoal is a fun medium,and it’s very relaxing to see someone work start to finish.

Can I ask you how the patreon thing works? I know you talked a bit about it before.

January 11, 2017 at 1:20 pm

It’s so cool you were able to watch us play Overwatch for a bit! So much fun! And I agree, “external” coffee is just like buying ice cream from the ice cream truck. I do like the coffee I can make at home, but there is something about the whole experience of leaving the house, etc. hahaha! 😀

Patreon is a platform where folks creating any kind of content (videos, songs, art, podcasts) can receive some support from the community who enjoys this content, via pledges. It can be $1 a month, $3, as much as a supporter is able or willing to pledge. In exchange for this support, patrons receive rewards from the person making the content. For example, in my case, for $1/month pledge, you have access to Patreon-exclusive vlog vids… For $3/month, you get an extra video a month, and things like that. 😀

It’s just an extra way to help, and in my case, it is keeping me accountable. Since I have to “report” to patrons what progress I am making, I feel committed to actually DO and FINISH things so that I can keep my word that I will release an album this year. Hehe.

January 14, 2017 at 4:08 pm
      • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

Thank you so much for the information. The banner at the top of the page with your Patreon link is super helpful as well. I’ll be looking into it in the near future for sure!

January 15, 2017 at 3:56 am
  • Reply VoradorPT

Malukah, DOOM Professional Specialist PhD!

Tofusenshi seems like a super talented artist. I watched a bit of her archives earlier today. I’ll try to catch one of here future streams for sure.

And I’m definitely looking forward to watch your “Making of” vlog for your new album. I’m sure it will be great fun! 🙂

See you tomorrow for some more demon Ripping and Tearing?!

January 11, 2017 at 11:02 pm

Haha! I love all my Doom titles. hahahahahaha! Thanks for reading, Vorador! I will see you very soon on Twitch! 😀 Glad you enjoyed Senshi’s work!

January 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply Aryan

Sooo excited for concert tomorow 🙂

January 15, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Thanks again for being there, Aryan! 😀

January 17, 2017 at 4:48 pm
      • Reply aryan

my pleasure. will try and be there tomorrow also

January 17, 2017 at 6:29 pm