Sunday Recap – Jan. 22, 2017

Last week was great and struggly. Hahaha!

All of the Above Concerts

On Monday, Jan. 16, I performed the very first ever All of the Above concert on Twitch. I hadn’t played most of these songs in years, so I made a practicing schedule for the weekend before. I rehearsed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When I woke up on Monday, I realized that my voice was still tired from all the rehearsals. Oops.

Lesson Learned: I must space out rehearsals to that I can arrive to the performance dates with my voice feeling rested.

I drank tea, honey, and stayed really quiet until noon. Haha!

The concert was at 12pm, and it was such a beautiful experience. I can’t even explain it. You guys made me feel so happy, fortunate, and motivated.

Malu AOTA in Twitch

In preparing for this concert, I remembered how much writing these songs helped me work my way through all sorts of issues. I learned so much about myself and the people around me. This was extra motivation to continue writing the new album I plan to release this year. What will I learn? Will I end up a better person than I was before? I hope so.

The second concert was on Wednesday at 7pm. I had high hopes that by then my voice would be back to normal… but sadly, it wasn’t enough time.

Lesson Learned: Leave 4 or 5 days between performances to make sure I can give my best for each.

On that Wednesday performance, I struggled with my voice and it made me feel tired a lot quicker than usual. I’m proud that we made it through, though. Thanks again for being there! <3

The next day, I woke up sick with a cold. Hahahahahahahaha!

My teacher explained that singing too much left my throat dry and raw. This is a condition ideal for bacteria to find a way to sneak in.

Lesson Learned: Malukah… do not over practice.

m-honey

Guitar Class Continues

I managed to hand in my homework on time for the 2nd week in a row! Woo! I’m feeling so responsible thanks to this online guitar class I’m taking. The structure has been awesome and it’s encouraged me to practice more and more. I’m starting to get calluses on my fingers again. Haven’t had calluses in years because I wasn’t playing very often. Now, I play every day and I’m loving it.

mgc

Reverb Empire Stickers

Since I couldn’t sing for the rest of the week, I found myself making some stickers on Sunday. Because… well, because. hahaha! I think they turned out great! Haha! I know stickers are silly, but all things like these that involve crafting and making stuff serve as a meditation for me. It relaxes me so much. Lets my mind wander… I’m going to be giving these stickers away during streams 😀

Malukah Stickers Reverb Empire

Thank you for reading!

Big hug from Mexico,

Previous Post

• Reply Asilbek(MaluFan)

Many thanks for a concert All of the Above. I admire and I adore your creativity.
    At lessons of a vocal the teacher abuses me when I clamp a voice. Says that if it quickly is tired to clamp a voice. It is necessary that the voice left freely. Please protect your voice! It is necessary to all!
    I want to ask two questions. When you play the guitar, you use nails or fingers? And what strings you use: metal or nylon? Thanks in advance for the answer!
    Still I have found your song Can’t Sleep in one website. It is beautiful!
    Very cool stickers! Many warmth from Uzbekistan!

January 26, 2017 at 6:46 am
  • Reply Cappy (DarkLordDashie)

Loved your All of the Above concerts. It was very nice to hear acoustic versions of those songs. You did amazing, even with a tired voice.

Those Reverb Empire stickers are amazing by the way. 😀

Have a good week!

January 26, 2017 at 8:26 pm
  • Reply Rhinosekk ( Petr D. )

I saw a concert on Monday and it was a beautiful experience. Thx 🙂
    I am looking forward to the next. 🙂

January 26, 2017 at 9:11 pm
  • Reply tm599

The AotA shows were great, I caught the 1st one live! It was really interesting to hear the stories behind the tracks – my favorite was the blanket story 🙂

To be honest when I first heard AotA a few years ago I thought it was “meh”, except Happy because Happy has distortion and distortion makes me happy. Hearing the songs now with only an acoustic guitar and your improved voice, they are definitely out of “meh” territory and into the “good tracks” bucket!

I like the “Lessons learned” sections, they will be useful in the future. You might consider adding another one though: “Bring a spoon for the honey” 😉

Good luck with the guitar class, and see you at the next stream!

January 26, 2017 at 9:53 pm
  • Reply Veronica Torres Keeney

Ha! The picture of Thorlooking so dignified with his paws crossed. Stormy does the same thing! 😀

I really enjoyed your performance! I think for having throat issues,you sounded great.

Those stickers are so cool! They remind me of elementary school when teachers gave stickers out for doing well. 💜

So I made a playlist on my Ipod that includes a song you did called Secret. It just got me a bit curious. How did the Acoustic Cafe Series project come about?

January 26, 2017 at 11:37 pm
  • Reply matthew beadle

The all of the above was great why did you call it all of the above?

January 27, 2017 at 5:55 am

I felt there was no specific genre of music that this fit it since it had some rock songs, so quiet songs, some pop songs… So… All of the Above. hehe

February 14, 2017 at 4:40 pm
  • Reply Vul Dovah

I managed to be on both concerts. Every song is amazing! I forgot how good they are. And very good stories behind them too. Looking forward to your new album.
    The stickers are nice and I don’t think it’s silly. I hope you are well now, and have a nice week!

January 27, 2017 at 12:06 pm
  • Reply aryan

the concerts where so good. 🙂 i have listened to the album like every day since then 🙂

January 31, 2017 at 4:23 pm
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes

Malukah! I just want to thank you so so so so much for EVERYTHING!!!

I strated to learn Duele Despertar about a month ago, then I asked you how you play it on Twitch so I knida learned it, and today I went to chords and lyrics and I saw it was there!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! So I finally learned it, And sang it to my family, and Everyone stared to cry!!!Thank you so much for letting me learn my first song in guitar, it means A LOT to me! I just can´t thank you enough!!!! 😀 Have a great day and Ill see you soon!!!!!!

March 3, 2017 at 3:01 am
  • Reply Thijs

Malu, I want to thank you. It was very conciderate to stop these sunday recaps whilst I was on vacation so you would make sure I didn’t miss anything. However, since I have returned you may continue at your leasure.

😉

t.b.h. I reckon this is because you’re busy with streams and hopefully other stuff, which might be good news for the new album. So I understand for you not doing the sunday recaps for a while.

Keep well! I’m looking forward to the streams again now that I’m back. 🙂