ESO Bard Songs by Malukah

Composing the Bard Songs for Elder Scrolls Online

Hey guys!

I’m super happy to share that I got to compose the music for the bard songs in Elder Scrolls Online! I can finally say it! Hehe!

I recorded performances of the songs, lute and vocals, to be heard in various taverns all across Tamriel. (Some of you already heard them in the Beta. I’m sorry I couldn’t speak of that publicly!)

Thank you for all the support that led to this. It wouldn’t have happened without you.

ZeniMax Online Studios posted this article today about the music of ESO:

And here’s a cover video of one of them. It’s a “self” cover? hahaha!

• Reply franco aventine

Beautiful. bravo.

November 21, 2015 at 7:45 am
    • Reply malukah

Thank you, Franco!

November 21, 2015 at 2:33 pm
  • Reply Varanith

it’s buautyfull (I’m french and my english is very egly)

November 25, 2015 at 5:26 pm
    • Reply malukah

Thank you very much for your message, Varanith! I send my best wishes from Mexico all the way to France!

November 28, 2015 at 12:33 am
  • Reply Varanith

(^_^)

December 7, 2015 at 9:46 am
  • Reply Jason Graham

For the PACT!!

December 13, 2015 at 7:55 am
    • Reply malukah

Hehehe! <3

December 15, 2015 at 3:12 am
  • Reply Dimo

Awesome and well deserved!

January 20, 2016 at 9:14 pm
    • Reply malukah

Thank you for saying that! <3 My best wishes to you from Mexico, Dimo!

January 26, 2016 at 5:29 pm
  • Reply varanith

Thank for this cover of Pricila’s song! You are really fantastic Malukah

February 1, 2016 at 8:42 pm
    • Reply malukah

Varanith, thank you!! <3

February 9, 2016 at 1:55 am
  • Reply James christopher

I’m astounded that some of these are composed by a modern composer, I thought they must be centuries old baroch songs. I wish I could know how you came to have such a good ear for working with modes like this; I started to work out one of the lute songs by ear and found that it must be in C lydian. I haven’t finished working the whole thing out though so I’m not entirely sure.

June 1, 2016 at 2:38 pm

James, thank you for the amazing compliment! I’m not sure why I have always been so drawn to this type of music and sound… I don’t have any special education of it… I remember modes from school, but I usually compose by ear and then later figure out what I’m doing harmonically. hehehe! It makes me very happy that you liked the songs and you feel they are fitting for the ESO world!

June 24, 2016 at 4:15 pm
  • Reply James christopher

Oh and thank you for this music and Congratulations you are an amazing composer, player and singer.
    Jimi.

June 1, 2016 at 2:40 pm
  • Reply David Luckhurst

I think the songs are wonderful and perfectly capture the atmosphere that’s needed in an Elder Scrolls game. I often hide in taverns (waiting for bounty to go down!) and simply listen to the music. I never tire of them, such addictive melodies and vocals. Keep up the great music please and thank you the making the ESO musically wonderful. Regards, David.
    PS, I also enjoyed very much your covers from Skyrim! Again, well done!

January 5, 2017 at 2:07 am

David, your comment made me so happy! One of my biggest concerns when I was hired was the fear of not getting the right mood and melodies for the music. I didn’t want the game to suffer if I didn’t get things right. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoy the songs and that you feel they fit the game! Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and for telling me this! My best wishes from Mexico!

January 10, 2017 at 5:09 am
    • Reply Paul Higginson

David has got this spot on, your music and lyrics make this game a classic and it stands out a mile against other wanna be’s.
      Very often i go about my daily routine humming your songs and trying to remember the words (old age is a terrible thing) and most people wonder what the heck it is im trying to remember (he he).
      Anyway thank you so much for making my life just that little bit better and my gameplay so much more enjoyable.

Infidal ESO europe

April 13, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Paul, thank you so much for the incredible comment. <3 It's nice to hear that the songs follow you in your every day life. I think this is a good sign and a compliment as a musician! hehehe! 😀 Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and for making MY life better. 🙂 My best wishes to you from Mexico!

April 14, 2017 at 12:16 am
  • Reply Thomas

Malukha I love your songs and your voice. I wish to see more songs on Spotify.

With best regards from germany 🙂

March 25, 2017 at 11:31 pm