Dead Flowers – Singing on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Eclipse DLC Easter Egg

DeadFlowersDLCI was so happy to get a chance to work with Kevin Sherwood again! He is the composer behind all the Easter Egg songs for the Call of Duty Zombie maps. I love his style of writing… So eerie, yet elegant, yet brutal…

Kevin asked me to sing a song called Dead Flowers, which can be heard on the new DLC Eclipse. The coolest thing for me about this song are the hints of classical harmony embedded in it! Treyarch made a trailer featuring the entire song. Here it is, if you’d like to check it out.

And the lyrics video on Kevin’s channel:

• Reply Avery

Hi Malu! It’s Avery. Remember on Twitter she I asked you about you singing in bo3 and you said you were not involved. And now this?!?! Malu…you lied to me….???

September 16, 2016 at 8:50 am

Hahaha! Avery!!! Game devs usually have Non Disclosure Agreements and ask you to keep it secret… I wish it wasn’t like that. Hehehe! 😀 But… SURPRISE!!!!

September 18, 2016 at 3:38 am
  • Reply Hubert

Thanks for Dead Flowers. I accidentally heard it when a friend was playing Call of Duty and the chorus really put a hook in me. Some vocal inflections reminded me of Jerney Kaagman, the singer with the Dutch group Earth and Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctmaapt68Lg

Greetings from Belgium!

November 26, 2016 at 10:09 am

I’m so happy you liked that song! Kevin Sherwood did such an amazing job with that composition and production! It was an honor to record vocals! And thanks for the link you sent. I did not know this band and it was so cool to hear her powerful vocals! 😀

November 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm
  • Reply Milhane

I didn’t know you sang on Call of Duty songs ! It’s amazing I love it ! It changes so much from your usually songs. I hope someday to see the multiple headed Malukah singing those songs haha !
    Anyway, keep going I love what you do.
    Supports from France 🙂

January 17, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Much love back from Mexico all the way to France! I’m glad that you enjoyed this “vacation” away from the typical style of songs I record. Hehe! 😀 Thank you for listening, Milhane!

January 25, 2017 at 2:21 am
      • Reply Milhane

haha! I loved it ! 😀 do you think that you’ll sing these songs on your youtube channel ? It could be awesome 😀

January 27, 2017 at 8:50 pm
  • Reply Ahmed abbas

Man i discovered this song when i saw the new trailer, first i dont like sad songs bit this has such a good vocal and music to this day i listen to it.

June 12, 2019 at 6:50 am