Sunday Recaps

Life has been moving forward extra quickly this year. A week feels 3 days long to me. And then, it’s Sunday evening and it’s over. I’ve been trying to figure out how to prevent my days from blending and blurring into each other, and I have a few ideas.

Idea #1: I will write in a journal every night to record a few highlights of my day. I’m hoping this reflection exercise will increase my awareness, and awareness will help me recognize the uniqueness of each day.

Idea #2: Every Sunday, I will write a post on this blog where I’ll look back at the week in general… Share things I loved, things that were difficult… Anything that helps me capture the essence of the week.

We’ll start this Sunday. 🙂 I’m already making a mental list of things I wish to mention.

Do you guys know what I mean about days all blending together? Do you have any other ideas on how we can prevent this?

Thanks for reading. See you soon!

• Reply Connor Cadellin McKee

I write 400 words daily about the day- been keeping it up since 2009, and I find it really helps with memory.

November 5, 2016 at 8:29 am

Oooh, this gives me hope! I will aim for that. Thanks, Connor! 😀

November 5, 2016 at 5:06 pm
  • Reply Vul Dovah

I know what you mean by blending days. Time is just flowing too fast. I might start writing a journal myself. Hope journals will help us slow it down a bit. My regards to you and Thor and Happy New Week!

November 6, 2016 at 3:43 pm

You should! I have a feeling it will help! And Connor in the comment above (or below?) mentioned he’s been doing this since 2009 and that it does help with memory! 😀

November 7, 2016 at 12:04 am
  • Reply John

I know that it’s helpful at the end of the day (near bedtime, say) to step backward through the day, mentally, and try to remember as much as possible from the present to the time I got out of bed, and even whatever dreams I had the previous night.

November 6, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I was shocked the first night I tried remember by how difficult it was… I had to make an effort! It’s a good idea to include dreams, too. In my case, last night I dreamed that I forgot to put the cheese back in the fridge and that it stayed out all night. I woke up sad because I was probably going to have to throw it away. hahahaha! 😀

November 7, 2016 at 12:05 am
      • Reply John

Oh, yes. One must pay special attention to dreams about cheese. That’s curious. I dreamt about an annoying mouse that clawed into my shirt sleeve and wouldn’t let go. I finally managed to swat it out an open window with my free hand. Huh. Cheese and mice. I guess I needed some cheese to distract it. Wish I’d thought of it at the time. D’oh! Funny how that sort of thing can affect one’s mood after waking up, though. Well, maybe you can make a mental note that the cheese has been put away before going to sleep? 🙂

November 7, 2016 at 12:55 am