Malukah Warm Light

Cold Vs. Warm

The background lights are finally back! Yay! I wanted to wait until the acoustic treatment and room structure were done before bringing them in. As soon as I put them in place, the room felt a lot more inviting. 🙂 I managed to find a camera angle that hides my 2nd “officey” desk that is always full of papers and pens. Hehe!

And, I finally got a chance to experiment with cold and warm lights. I’ve only used cold/white lights before. They were the ones I bought because that’s what folks on YouTube recommended. I remember when I received a ring light I ordered, it had two light bulbs. A cold and a warm. I thought, “pshh… who would want a yellow light?” It went into the closet and stayed there forgotten… until now.

Fast foward several years, and I found myself wondering… What would a warm light look like? And so I went hunting for that discarded warm ring light bulb. Hahaha! And you know what? I loved it! It transforms the scene into a cozy, homey place. Check out this difference in tones…

Cold:

This says, “Hello, this is me with a light.”

Malukah Cold Light

Warm:

Now, check THIS out. Doesn’t it say, “Hello, welcome to my small, personal singing concert. Please take a seat and make yourself at home”?
Malukah Warm Light

Hahahahaha! I like it! I’m going to be testing it out for the next few concerts. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for reading,

• Reply Asilbek(MaluFan)

Hello Malukah!
    I am very glad that you have finished arrangement of the concert studio. The room has turned out very lovely and comfortable. (May be because I don’t see the 2nd “officey” desk hehee) I always am surprised how you on everything usevat while all complain of a lack of time.
    And yes! Yellow light really excellent choice! He seems more live and creates the atmosphere of a comfortable!
    I look forward a new concert in the new room! And thanks for everything. The best wishes from Uzbekistan.

June 13, 2017 at 8:42 am
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524/KnightOfTheUndead)

They gave my report card today and I did very well in all of my assignments, I come back home and see this. Can this day be even better!? Your new lights look so amazing and cozy, you just need a fireplace haha ok I’m kidding! It’s awesome! Now I want a studio like yours haha gratz on your new working place, enjoy it!!!

June 13, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Haha! Gratz on the good grades! That’s awesome! 😀 The lights changed the room a lot, didn’t they? So cool that you like ’em!

June 13, 2017 at 11:13 pm
      • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524/KnightOfTheUndead)

Haha! Thank you so much! And yeah, the room looks AMAZING, STUNNING, MESMERISING, I don’t even know what words to use, it’s soooooo cool. I mean, even with the old lights looked awesome, but these ones give a lot of ambient

June 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524/KnightOfTheUndead)

I’m still jealous of your street lamp hahahaha

June 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Hahaha! I think my parents got it at a store like Costco or Sam’s. In case you run into one in the future! 😀 Or Walmart? One of those…

June 13, 2017 at 11:13 pm
      • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524/KnightOfTheUndead)

Hehehe!! I’ll convince my dad to get me one thanks for the tip

June 13, 2017 at 11:23 pm
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524/KnightOfTheUndead)

Malukah, sorry for being so annoying asking stuff but what 🎸 (Guitar [I don’t know if you can see the emote hehe])strings do you use? I absolutely love how yours sound <3 have a great day

June 13, 2017 at 11:31 pm

This changes, as I haven’t yet found strings I’m 100% in love with. I like Elixir strings and Martin ones for acoustic guitar. For electric, I’m still using the strings that came with the Variax and have no clue what they are.

June 14, 2017 at 4:50 am
      • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524/KnightOfTheUndead)

Oh! I’ll check them out!! I’ve been trying D’Addario strings, and I think they are cool. I think you should check them out. They are the first ones I bought because a friend told me they were good. I didn’t want to try something I was not recommended to try. So I asked my lovely queen. I’ll check them out in these couple of months

Margwa