Sunday Recap: Sep 3 – 10, 2017

This week started like any other… Thor and I ate breakfast outside. Thor finished his in 30 seconds and then proceeded to drool at the apple I was eating. He just looks and looks until I break and share it. haha! Every single day.

SR-17-09-11_01

My arm hurt, so I decided to do some floor exercises, a technique called Feldenkrais for relaxation that is very gentle. As soon as I laid down on the floor, this happened.

SR-17-09-11_02

I sometimes feel Thor has separation anxiety. Hahahaha! But this was not relaxing at all, so I told him to go wait a bit farther away. This is how he patiently sat while I did the exercises.

SR-17-09-11_03

Haha! My boy.

The main focus of the week was physical therapy. I’ve discovered that it’s a great time to listen to podcasts! Especially informative ones. They make me feel that I’m making the most of time. I kinda want to buy an audio book, since I’ll have to go for another 10 sessions, but they are expensive and I’m wondering if could just make do with free podcasts…

Hmm… I also sometimes fall asleep. I don’t think I’d hear the whole book. Haha! One of the cool things about being more comfortable with myself (in general) is that before I’d be terrified of falling asleep in therapy and possibly snoring… Oh, no!!! hahaha! And now? I just proudly announce, “I will likely fall asleep and snore, by the way.” hahaha! And the attendants laugh and say it’s not a problem.

In one of the sessions, I got to wear the heat pads like in this picture below. I felt like a Star Wars character. ;P Not sure why. Maybe the Skywalker white?

SR-17-09-11_15

For Twitch streams, I stuck to Life is Strange. Because of the arm, it hurts to play guitar, so I’m trying to avoid it while it gets better! LiS continued to be an incredible game. Super immersive!

We went to a wedding on Saturday and had a great time with friends. I realized that when I go to weddings with live music, I’m always analyzing the singers. Trying to notice all the things my singing teacher points out are signs of things that are done right or wrong. I feel like an American Idol judge, or something. In my mind, at least.

And then… Sunday….

How can I explain Sunday?

Let’s see. We ordered a late lunch. Right before it was delivered, the power went out at our house… And then thanks to social media, we realized that the power had gone out in several areas of the city… and then we learned that the power had gone out in 3 WHOLE STATES in northern Mexico. There was an issue with one of the main lines (or I don’t know what they are called), and we had no power for 5 hours. Our cellphones worked for about 3 hours and then we lost all service completely.

While it was light out, it wasn’t too frustrating. I sat outside and read a book. Once it became night time, I confess I got antsy. It was annoying not to be able to do anything. I had to improvise.

I lit a couple of candles, and then I set a little flashlight underneath my desk lamp, pointing upwards so the light reflected back down. I got my Alphasmart Neo2 ancient word processor that works with batteries and started drafting out this month’s mailing list.

SR-17-09-11_19Man, low light is uncomfortableeeeeee. After about an hour like this, my eyes felt strained. I went to get a chandellier that was a recent gift and lit every candle. It was better!

SR-17-09-11_20Thankfully, at around 10pm, the power returned. I went around the house turning on every light, just to make up for all the darkness. And then I had to go turn all the lights off. Because that was just silly. Hahaha!

Aaaaand, that was it!

Thank you for reading! 😀
Love from Mexico,

• Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

Hi Maluuuu!!!!

I missed reading the blog!!!!

Im listening to some streams I have missed hehe!! Sooooo enjoyable evening!

Girl! I got soooo frustrated when power goes out! especially when my phone is out of charge! Having no power drives me crazyyyyy I cant do a thing! I can just play the guitar. When my fingers start hurting, I cant do nothing, cause theres no power to play piano!!!! Hahaha

Awwwww Thooooorrrr!!!! Sooo lovely! beautiful loyal boy!
    A kitty entered my house 2 weeks ago. My mom doidnt like cats, but for some reason she liked this one! We fed her, and now my mom loves cats, and the cat loves us!!!! BUT we dont know what to call her. My mom wants to call her Kitty (ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?) I want to call her Meredith, or something fancy like that hehe! If you have a female cat name please let me know hehe! something you like 🙂

How is the album going!? I can´t wait for it to come outttt!! Soooo beautiful songs in it! And I have just heard 4 of them! I CANNOT WAAAAIIIITTTT hehehehe!

Have a great day, you beautiful angel. I´ll See You soon. I think Ill be able to be there on monday if you stream <3

Byeeee

September 14, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Hey Margwa! haha! It’s so cool you guys now have a kitten and that your mom changed her mind about them! 😀 I think Meredith is a super cool, fancy name… Or Elizabeth. hahahaha! 😀 Kitty is a cute and convenient name. hehehe!

And yeah, power outage is the worst! I remember thinking “I wish I had an acoustic piano” because, like you, I only have a keyboard that needs POWER. Grrr. hahaha! 😀

Thanks for reading, Margwa! New album continues! <3

September 16, 2017 at 3:47 am
      • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

Hahaha Same here! and I dont know why power goes out RIGHT when I need it the most! If Im doing an Easter Egg in zombies and Im in the last step BOOM power goes out! If Im using the microwave BOOM power goes out, Im playing the piano BOOM. Not everytime, but power goes out just when I do stuff that I need power in!! hahaha!!

In the end we did the most absurd thing with the kitten! My mom calls her Kitty, I call her Meredith, my brother calls her cat…. Etc. Hehe

Sooooo cool that you´re working on the album! I can´t wait for it to come out (I bet Im not the only one hehe) Keep up the great work Malu!

You should do something like the All Of The Above concert when it comes out, It would be amazing!

Love you so much Malu! Have a great day

Margwa <3

September 16, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Hahaha! Multinamed Cat!!!! hahahaha! Fabulous. I’m sure Kittydith is lucky to have you guys!

September 18, 2017 at 4:33 am
          • Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

Hehehehe!!!

And OMG I was looking at one of your streams and you said you’re gonna do an All Of The Above Special Edition!!!!!!!! Omgomgomgomgogmgmgkgkfmfnf
            I neeeeeeddddd thhhhaaaaattttt!
            I’ll try me best to convince my aunt to buy me a physical version!!!
            If not I’ll cry for the rest of my life.
            Will it be on Spotify?
            (You know that some albums have 2 discs and in Spotify you can put disc one and two hehe)

Have an amazing day Malu!!!
            Kisses from me and Kiddydith <3

September 18, 2017 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

How is your shoulder!?
    Getting better!?

I hope you are! We need your shouldeeeerrr hehe! <3

September 14, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Yep, getting better! It’s taking some time but definitely improving!

September 16, 2017 at 3:47 am
      • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

Niceeeeeee!!!! So cool you´re recovering! It will take some time but it will get back to normal! 😀 <3

September 16, 2017 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply tm599

Ooh a recap! Sounds like an interesting week. I hope your shoulder gets well soon!

Funny thing about audio books, I tried one from the free Audible.com trial – one of the H.P. Lovecraft books, I thought it would be super creepy to listen to in the dark but I just kept dozing off haha.

September 15, 2017 at 4:42 am

Hahaha! Riiiight? I have a feeling that I’m going to keep dozing off, too. Even with podcasts, sometimes I have to rewind a bit because my mind drifts.

September 16, 2017 at 3:42 am
  • Reply DarkLordDashie

Hahaha! Your blog is always such a great read. Hope your shoulder recovers swiftly, and enjoy the podcasts that you listen to! Those are always quite enjoyable.

Have a fantastic week and see you on Twitch! 🙂

September 17, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Dashieeeeee! It makes my day that you like reading these. I love writing them 🙂 Hehehe! Otherwise, I seriously forget what has happened in my life. hehehehe! <3 See you very soon! Thanks for reading!

September 18, 2017 at 4:25 am
  • Reply FlyingPigGames

Hey Malu,
    I think most dogs have some form of separation anxiety lol.
    As for the audio books, I’ve never listened to an audio book personally, I’ve never liked the idea if I’m honest I prefer to read a physical book, I guess I’m just not with the times ey? 😛 But yeah, if you’re likely to fall asleep you’re probably better off with a free podcast, at least that way if you miss it you’ve not lost out lol. I assume then you’re not able to move in a way as to read a book during the time? Cos I think what I’d likely do is just take a good book, I have like a gazillion I need to get through, and just have some background music on, can’t beat a good book and music, and I find reading actually helps keep me awake since I have to focus on reading………..yet oddly it helps me sleep when I finish reading….. my brain is weird lol.
    When I fall asleep in public I always worry I may talk in my sleep or sleep walk or something, pretty sure I don’t, but there’s always that seed of doubt that I might lol. I do seem to be dozing off more recently for some reason, getting worried I might start sleeping talking and say something unfortunate lol.
    Haha, after doing music through school it was about a year before I could listen to music without trying to spot all the musical features/techniques we’d learnt about, and even now if I hear one of the specific pieces we study certain things come back, so funny when talking to some one and something comes on the radio that we studied it ends up with “What on earth are you talking about??” then again, that’s usually the reaction to anything I say lol.
    Power outages are always annoying, where I used to live was a new built estate when we moved in (in fact the estate was still being built when we moved in, but our hose was ready) and it had all kinds of power issues, as I understand it there was an intermittent fault somewhere, the building company claimed it was the energy companies problem, and the energy company claimed it was the building companies problem. Anyways, this fault kept tripping the power to the whole estate, and every time the energy company had to investigate for a number of hours to ensure it was safe to put the power back on, they would, without fail, find that there was no fault, and bring the power back on, but of course a few weeks later and BAM, no power again. super annoying, cos it always seemed to happen just as you’d settled into something requiring power, like a favourite TV show, or a good PC game or whatever. We had an open fire place in the living room, so we’d just light that and it’d become family bored game time………ya know I hated it back then but now, while talking about it here I realise I miss those times…much simpler times.

Anyways, I think that’s enough rambling………what a text wall…ooops, sorry 😛
    I hope you’re shoulder is back to normal soon, and doesn’t give you too much pain/discomfort in the meantime.
    As always loving the streams!

September 17, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Hahaha! No worries! I like reading these comments! Playing games by the fire does sound like a super cool family time. I totally understand in the moment you were frustrated at having no power, but I’m glad you got to look back and at least remember those simpler times with appreciation! I was talking to my family this past weekend, and we were remembering when we used to play games like Battleship, and Mastermind, and Clue. hehehe! Good times!

Shoulder’s feeling better and better! In therapy I can’t read because I need to lay down and look at the ceiling, if I try to lift my phone (or book) it creates tension. And if I were to sit and try to read, that posture of bending the head downward a bit to read makes my fingers numb, so it’s precisely what I have to avoid as much as possible, which IIIIIISSSS INFUUUUURIATIIIING hahaha, but oh, well. It will only take a week or two more, I am guessing/hoping. 😀

Thanks for reading and for sharing! <3 See you soon on Twitch/Discord!

September 18, 2017 at 4:31 am
  • Reply FlyinPigGames

Yeah, it was one of those things that seemed annoying going into it, I wanted to be watching TV or on my PC lol, but I always seemed to enjoy, our personal favourite was monopoly, which totally never caused arguments haha. The worst times though were if it went while trying to cook food……..and by worst I mean best because TAKEAWAY!!!!! 😛

Glad the shoulder is improving. Yeah, that makes sense on not being able to read, maybe the best thing then is just to go in there with the intention of spending as much time asleep as possible 😛 Well anyways, I hope the recovery is as speedy as you expect!

Thanks,
    The Flying Piano 😛

September 18, 2017 at 10:25 pm
  • Reply riteasrain

Lol I loved the bit about the singing, and analysing it. I do that too! I have all these thoughts running through my head while it’s happening – it’s good, it’s bad, it’s out of tune, they could’ve used that chord here, could’ve up-tempo-ed a bit there. Hahahaha! Glad your shoulder is improving too.
    Hillie x

September 21, 2017 at 3:14 am

Hehehe! I always think of myself as that american TV show… “Judge Judy” in those moments. hahahaha! <3

September 25, 2017 at 1:36 am
  • Reply riteasrain

How strange. I left a reply here and now it’s gone. Oh well, gremlins 🙂

September 24, 2017 at 5:17 am

Oops! I think I hadn’t approved it yet. Do you see it now?

September 25, 2017 at 1:35 am
      • Reply riteasrain

Sorry Malu, my mistake. Jumped the gun. I can see it now – forgot about approval, silly me 😀

September 25, 2017 at 6:37 am