Malukah Keyboard Kit

Sunday Recap: Oct. 9 – 15, 2017

Monday started with Patreon Office Hours and we recorded Say Something with Thor snoring comfortably in the background. It’s such a pretty song!

During the stream that afternoon, I finally got to open a surprise package sent by DrTrollis. He contacted me months ago to let me know something was on the way. I loved the gifts! It was a Dovahkiin Pop Figure and some Game of Thrones Buttons. Thank you, DrTrollis! They will be proudly displayed in my studio.

SR-Dova

Tuesday allowed me to see what a difference Twitch makes in my life. I had a frustrating morning because I made a big mistake while printing postage to mail CD’s. I had to redo it all. I almost cancelled the stream because I was grumpy, but I didn’t. I went online, in IRL mode and we all just chatted. By the end of the stream, I felt so much better. Thank you for this comforting space! For making me laugh and allowing me to take it easy when I need to.

I managed to correct my Maloofusness and on Wednesday, my mom and dad drove with me to Texas to ship the CD’s. On the way back, the highway was FULL, and I mean FUUUUULL of trailers. It was quite a sight! This highway sees about 12,000 trailers each day. I think they ALL drove home at the same time as us that night. hahaha!

SR-Trailers

On Thursday, I ate a Pop Tart. And 20 minutes later, regretted it. They don’t taste as delicious as I remember. It was just a crappity-crap ton of sugar.

Friday, I went to Costco to buy food, but I ended up also buying one Christmas decoration. hahaha! In OCTOBER! I think it’s the first Christmas decoration I buy. Previously, my mom has let me borrow an extra Christmas tree she has. Hehe! Does this count as adulting? Or does the previous Pop Tart nullify it?

SR-XMAS

Saturday was keyboard building day! Yaaay! After learning how to solder thanks to a great YouTube tutorial, I dove in, and I think I did ok! Building a keyboard is a dream come true and I can’t wait to do it again! I, of course, kinda messed up certain things, BUT now I know. haha! I had to learn, right?

On Sunday, we watched Arrival and it was pretty cool. I also spent time rehearsing Halloween songs! I’m excited about the Twitch concert! The setlist is looking good. <3

Thank you for reading! See you tomorrow!

• Reply tm599

Oh deer, Christmas decorations in October 😀 (sorry, had to do it haha).

The keyboard looks great! What kind of switches does it use?

It’s really satisfying when you build something with your own hands. I made a DIY head tracking device with some IR LEDs and a hacked webcam, it was a blast!

October 16, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Deer me, what are we going to do with you, Tim? hahaha! The keyboard has Cherry MX white switches. It was weird, I had ordered something else… reds, I think… but I got these and I’m glad! I kikethem much better than the reds! They are… I think… like blues but quieter. I think… I’m still learning about the differences.

And holy cow… a head tracking device? hahaha! That sounds spooky!

October 17, 2017 at 3:42 pm
      • Reply tm599

Hahaha!

I have reds at home – better for gaming and browns at work – better for typing a lot.

The head tracking is just a baseball cap with some infrared LEDs on it which are picked up by a webcam with the IR filter removed. There is a program that watches the LEDs move on my head and translates that into the game, so if I look left, I look left in the game too, for example in Euro Truck Simulator.

October 17, 2017 at 8:06 pm
  • Reply VoradorPT

What do you mean, Christmas decorations? Those are clearly scary ghost deer meant for Halloween!

Also, malukah, keyboard builder PhD confirmed!

October 16, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Hahahahahah! Ghostly Deer! I like it. I’m going to set them up right now!!!! And yes!!! Malukah Keyboard Builder PHD!!!!! hahahh

October 17, 2017 at 3:39 pm
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa 1524)

Hi Malu!
    So beautiful christmas things you got! I really like them hehe!

Pop tarts used to be good, but now they are paper with icing and sprinkles, they are garbage now D:

That´s a LOT of traffic, I always end up sleeping haha, even though there´s going to be neck pain!

Also I wanted to ask for your permission to upload the chords for your All Of The Above songs to ultimateguitar.com, I´m making chord sheets for them, so if I forget the chords I have them there.
    There are Reverb musicians in the Empire that would love to have those chords, and in your website there are some missing, so if you like you could post them, Im making these for myself but Im sharing them to you if you dont have them (I think you do but, anyway). I love you so much Malu.

Enjoy Twitch Con 😀

-Margwa

October 20, 2017 at 12:35 am
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa 1524)

Annnnnddddd I almost forgot!
    Amazing keyboard! Where do you buy it? its so cool that you can make your own! 😀

October 20, 2017 at 3:35 am