Outside the Realm

Singing on Stranger Things

Update: A write-up by PC Gamer.

A track by my friend, Big Giant Circles (aka Jimmy), was featured in two episodes of the Netflix series Stranger Things Season 2!

The song, called Outside the Realm, was composed and produced by Jimmy for a game released a few years ago called There Came an Echo.

It features singer/actress Ashly Burch and myself on vocals. You can check it out below. What a super cool “reappearance” of this beautiful music!

If you watch the series, it appears on Episodes 2 and 7.

Thank you, Jimmy, for somehow helping me be a part of a show I love. hahaha!

BigGiantCircles

• Reply tm599

Wow, this is sooo cool! I didn’t notice it the first time around, but now I re-watched it and found it hehe. I love this show, can’t wait for season 3 😀

For reference, the track appears at 45:40 in episode 2 and 12:30 in episode 7.

October 29, 2017 at 10:23 am

Heeey! Thanks for the episode times! It was such a cool surprise when Jimmy told us the news. So random! hahaha! The second season was awesome! I can’t wait either to see the next one!

October 29, 2017 at 6:28 pm
  • Reply Asilbek(MaluFan)

Hello Malookah hehe! I haven’t been on your website for a long time and seeing so many changes I was very happy! But despite this I listen to your voice every day! By the way you can congratulate me with the receipt to the Financial Institut! For me it was a big surprise. When I found out about my admission I didn’t believe it and oneself decided to go and see! The surprise was not the limit! Hope to chat with you again soon! I wish you good health and new inspiration! Your fan forever!

October 30, 2017 at 4:05 pm

WOW! Congratulations on getting accepted to the Financial Institute!!! Asilbek, what a great achievement! I hope it’s a wonderful experience to get this level of focused education. 😀 I am sure you will do great! 😀 Thank you for sharing the news with me! And I wish you the best of luck!!!!

November 6, 2017 at 4:56 pm
  • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

MALUUUUU I didn’t know!!!! Omg, I knew season 2 was out but I didn’t know you sang there! I’m waiting for someone to watch season one so we can watch season two together! I’ll let her know you’re there because she loves that kind of music and your voice.

I’m looking forward to season two, I just watched one episode (and realized the kids were swearing a lot XD) but I’m liking it!

Have a great Afternoon!!!!

October 31, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Thank you, Margwa! Hope you enjoy the new season!

November 6, 2017 at 4:54 pm
      • Reply Xavier Fuentes (Margwa1524)

Thank you, Malu! it´s amazing, your voice is so amazing and I think it´s very cool in the background sounds, it´s so magical!!! 😀

November 16, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Thank you so much, Margwa!

January 2, 2018 at 4:35 am
  • Reply Hattie

I noticed the song instantly when watching episode 2. And couldn’t stop thinking about it because it sounds so cool! And then once I heard it again on episode 7. I had to look it up!😄 love it. Kind of eerie but gives you all sorts of feels.

November 2, 2017 at 7:02 am

That’s awesome, Hattie!!! Glad you noticed the song. It’s such a cool track by BigGiantCircles! <3

November 2, 2017 at 9:33 pm
  • Reply Hilary

Noticed it right away watching Stranger Things 2 because it was the most beautiful soundtrack music I had heard for the show. Didn’t know it was you! So gorgeous. Thank you.

November 3, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Hehehe! I’ll make sure to pass along the compliment to BigGiantCircles! 😀 Thank you so much, Hilaryyyy!

November 6, 2017 at 4:54 pm
  • Reply Patrick

I had to find out what this piece was, as it was the most standout track on the entire show.

This set the mood for all of season 2, and almost felt like Eleven’s own theme.

Glad to have found this.

November 5, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Patriiiiick! Glad you found the track. BigGiantCircles makes incredible music in general 😀 Thanks for stopping by the blog!

November 6, 2017 at 5:23 am
  • Reply Cléo

Wow, I’ve been looking for this song from the moment I heard it in Stranger Things S2E2 !!
    It’s the second time one of your songs goes straight to my heart (the first one being your Dragonborn’s cover).

So unexpected to hear you again years later and in a completely different place ^^

November 7, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Aaaah! This is so cool! That after all these years we have crossed paths again! Hehehe! Thank you so much for leaving a message! I’m so happy you like this track. 😀

November 10, 2017 at 5:04 am
  • Reply Elle

OH mY God you and Ashley have such ethereal vocals!! This Beautiful piece of music is so Peaceful! Great job! En hora buena. 🙂

November 8, 2017 at 1:47 am

Thank you so much, Elle!!!! 😀

November 10, 2017 at 5:04 am
  • Reply Luigi Bruti

Ciao Malukah,
    my best compliments from Italy, the song and your voice are awesome.
    Is there any possibility to find the music score for the melody and related chords. I would like to play it .

November 25, 2017 at 11:43 am

I don’t think BigGiantCircles has the chords online! And since I only sang on this song, I don’t know them. I’m so sorry! I’m glad you like the music. Thank you for stopping by the blog!

January 2, 2018 at 4:36 am
  • Reply James

If want this vibe to break out into house music, google Samantha James.

December 6, 2017 at 4:16 am

I’ve heard this name, but I’ve never heard the music. Thank you for the recommendation! 😀

January 2, 2018 at 4:38 am
  • Reply Nick

Is your song available on iTunes? Tried big giant circles but your vocals weren’t there. Amazing song!!! Your voice is beautiful can’t stop listening.

December 7, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Hi, Nick! I know BigGiantCircles has this track on Bandcamp, I’m not sure about iTunes. Maybe look for the soundtrack for a game called There Came An Echo? This song was a part of that, so maybe it’s under that album name?

January 2, 2018 at 4:38 am

And thank you so much for the compliment! It’s awesome that you like it!

January 2, 2018 at 4:38 am