MALUKAST: EP1

I’m finally trying this. A podcast.

I shared the first episode on Patreon a few weeks ago and the response from the community, as well as the positive effect it’s had on my own mind… to just reflect and talk out loud… has motivated me to continue.

I feel a bit scared of sharing this outside of my safe Patreon bubble, BUUUUT. Let’s try it. If it doesn’t work, I’ll just remove it and keep it exclusively for Patrons.

Thank you for listening!
Hugs,

Previous Post

• Reply Melithian

Love the format and kinda understand how you’re feeling. Hope you find your way.

April 22, 2022 at 1:53 am

Hi, Melithian! Thank you so much for listening. Best wishes from Mexico!

April 22, 2022 at 10:39 pm
  • Reply Marek

Hello Judith!
    Long time, maybe even 10 years ago, I sent you a message on FB saying that I love you. You responded with words – I love you back! I just wanted to say, that I still do, and I’m still here and I will definetely listen to your podcast!
    Thank you for all your work, especially for Frozen Sleep, Reignite and Pippin’s Song!
    Through all these years, your music helped me focus, cope, relax and encouraged me to play my own music, including covers of your songs.
    I understand the part about parenthood and loneliness. I am proud father of 5 years old baby girl, but it hasn’t always been easy.
    I think, you may consider creating your own Discord server. That’s great way to connect with people on a daily basis, not only when you’ve recorded a song or wrote motivating/educational post. Many would love to hang out with you, play video games, share funny stories or pictures of pets. I’m willing to help you with creating it if you’d like to.
    Take care,
    Marek

April 22, 2022 at 9:18 am

Hi, Marek! Thank you so much for your message. And for sharing your experience being a parent! I’m so happy that through the years, the music I’ve shared has helped you and even motivated you to play music! Yaaaay! I send you a big hug from Mexico. Thank you for still being here after all these years! πŸ˜€

April 22, 2022 at 10:38 pm
  • Reply Brian

Hello,
    I also really love the format and hope it continues. It’s been great hearing your music (Thor the Chocolate Lab) over the years and this seems to be a natural extension of the community you’ve been building.
    I understand how challenging things can be. My wife definitely had significant adjustments after child 1 and child 2. She was lucky enough to find play groups that she spent a significant amount of time with until the children were in school. Those groups gave her that adult interaction that was tough to get outside of me. Of course those types of groups aren’t prevalent everywhere. Even with those, it was still tough.
    Thanks for sharing and please remember that you’ve brought, and continue to bring, a lot of joy and comfort into people’s lives.

April 23, 2022 at 12:57 pm

Brian! Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and to write this message. I liked what you said about this feeling like an extension of the community hehe! I send you and your family a big hug from Mexico. Life has felt more steady lately on the motherhood front. And I took a break from episodes but do hope to continue!

February 7, 2023 at 4:48 pm
  • Reply Vul Dovah

Hello Malu. It’s Vul Dovah, I don’t know if you remember me, it’s been few years. I understand what you mean about not having a goal, and how frustrating it can be. I’ve been there. But then I made myself a goal and I was blindly pursuing it. And that was a mistake.. I missed out on things, I lost opportunities, and I even neglected a bit my family and people I love and care about. All because I was blindly pursuing it. And I’m not much closer to it than I was at the beginning. I was rushing and I didn’t think things through. So while not having a goal is not very good, I think that blindly pursuing one is worse. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t have a goal, you should, but don’t pursue it blindly like I was. Because rushing, at least from my experience, won’t get you there. And it’s easy to get carried away, especially if it is something you really want. I’m not trying to scare you, I just don’t want you to make the same mistake I made..
    I made this sound like a big deal, but a lot of people have goals, and the point is you should pursue it but don’t rush it. I’m sorry if bored you with this, but I just really want to help you because you helped me get through some dark times, and motivated me to become a better person. I hope this will help you a bit. And I would gladly listen to your podcast πŸ™‚
    Thank you for helping me, I wish you all the best. Take care and give a big hug to Dante for me πŸ™‚

April 23, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Vul Dovah! I absolutely remember you! Thank you for what you wrote. And it actually makes a lot of sense for what I’m going through at this time several months later… I’ve been trying to push towards a goal I thought was what I should strive for, but now I feel it’s not quite the right direction. In pushing blindly I also feel I wasn’t making the most of time. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I hope you are now on a better path, working towards healthier goals while still enjoying your family and friends. Much love from Mexico!

February 7, 2023 at 4:52 pm
  • Reply Casssss

Would definitely be interested to hear more! I’ve been a fan since hearing the edit of Headhunterz – Dragonborn in 2012 that featured your cover of The Dragonborn Comes, and personally I’d love to hear more about your perspectives and experiences πŸ™‚

April 25, 2022 at 3:37 pm

Casssss thank you so much! For both taking the time to listen and for leaving this message πŸ˜€

February 7, 2023 at 4:52 pm
  • Reply Lorenzo

Hey Malukah,

Listened to the podcast, I believe you are far from alone in that feeling. I’ve been following you off and on for 10+ years now. I worked for Forsaken Studios at that time. πŸ™‚
    Congratulations with the son btw. πŸ™‚

Also, your written blog is outdated. πŸ˜›

Looking forward to hear more from you, other than awesome songs.

Kind regards,

Lorenzo aka MoonDraconian/Nadraxes

August 4, 2022 at 9:11 am

hahaha! The blog. It was always my dream to have a blog and now it’s no longer fashionable. I should be on Insta or Tiktok. hahaha! πŸ˜€ Thank you so much for listening, Lorenzo! And for still remembering me after 10 years! I send you my best wishes from Mexico.

February 7, 2023 at 4:54 pm