(Some of the links below may be affiliate links. In some cases, this can help me earn a small commission when a purchase is made, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting what I do!)
Malu, you have an accent. Where are you from?
I am from Monterrey, Mexico. Spanish is my first language.
But your accent is not so noticeable when you sing…
Hehe. I recently made a video attempting to explain why I think that happens:
What software do you use to record music?
Logic X for Mac. Here’s a tutorial where I show how I recorded The Dragonborn Comes, step-by-step, using Logic X.
What software do you edit your videos with?
Final Cut X.
Do you write original music?
What vocal mic do you use?
- AudioTechnica AT4047 for musical sketches and demos.
- Blue Bottle Rocket and Blue Bottle for recording sessions.
- Blue Baby Bottle for streaming.
What acoustic guitar do you use?
What electric guitar do you use?
- Variax Standard guitar, by Line 6 for streaming live music. I love this guitar because you can change tunings with the turn of a knob. The Variax can also model different guitars (Strat, Les Paul, Telecaster, etc).
What headphones do you use?
- ATH-M50x Super comfy! Great value.
What video camera do you use?
- YouTube: Canon 60D DSLR camera with a Sigma 35mm f1/4 lens.
- Streaming: Canon SRL2 with a Canon EF-S 24mm Lens and Logitech c920 webcam for ThorCam.
How did you learn to speak English fluently?
I attended bilingual schools growing up. For college, I studied at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. The time I spent there allowed me to practice and get used to the language.
If you are a native Spanish speaker, why don’t you speak Spanish on your videos and social media?
When The Dragonborn Comes video went viral, many of the people watching and subscribing to the channel were from the US, Germany, Russia, Poland… countries where English is a more commonly known than Spanish. I decided to interact in English so I could include as many people as possible.
Thank you for reading all of this! 😀