Malukah - You and Me

You and Me

Every now and then, during a quick “nice to see you” conversation, friends ask me how I feel about the beautiful response Dragonborn and other covers have gotten. I panic trying to summarize my feelings and end up saying something like, “It’s really awesome!” And the moment I say it, I feel lame. Because eating ice cream on a Sunday is awesome. The encouragement you guys have given me has truly changed the way I feel about my life, my choices, and about myself.

Last year was a difficult one for me. Emotionally, health wise, professionally… Every aspect of my being malfunctioned at the same time, and what I remember the most is that feeling of hitting a wall.

Like this.

concrete wall

In November, during one of the most peaceful moments I’d had all year, I recorded the Dragonborn cover. In the months since then, every single message I’ve received from you has turned that concrete wall into this:

ClimbingWall

Every encouraging message you write, every tweet, every share feels like a firm climbing grip.

I’m not over the wall yet. My insecurities haven’t been magically fixed. My fears and doubts are still lurking nearby.

But you’re helping me find a way to keep moving. And most importantly, you keep me looking up.

a

And that’s why you are more awesome than ice cream on a Sunday.

Infinitely more awesome.

Love,
Thankful Malu

• Reply Mattias

Hi Malukah! First of all I want to say that I become a big fan of you and your enormous musical skills and angelic voice… Second, I am a big fan of the Elder scrolls series, and still today Skyrim is the absolute number one game for me.

Im a guitarist, not even close to professional at all, just a home player that plays for my own pleasure. I have made some songs and getting more and more into singing… But its really hard to learn. When I listened to your “Beauty of dawn” i fell in love instantly, and started humming along. It felt great and was really fun… So i have a copyright question to ask you… Would you give your promission for me to record a sing a long, and if im happy enough with my horrible voice, upload it to my channel on Soundcloud and youtube? Of course you will get the credit for it in the title!! If not I will respect it! 🙂 And since im no professional there will be no making money of it (of course). Its for my own pleasure, and a way to evolve my singing/music progression and share it to my friends 🙂

Thanx for making wonderful music!!
    Cheers Mattias (Loke Långhåsa) from Sweden.

My Soundcloud.

September 2, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Hi Mattias! Thank you so much for listening to the music I’ve shared. It’s nice to hear that you are a musician (and fan of Skyrim), too! I hope you keep learning guitar and voice! Although it can feel difficult at times, music is definitely an activity that is very rewarding in the long run! As far as making a sing along of Beauty of Dawn, I’m afraid that since I was hired to create this song for ESO/Zenimax Online Studios, they are the ones that own the copyright. So, I am legally unable to grant any sort of permission. It is something you would need to get from them. I’m very sorry! My best wishes from Mexico. Thank you again for listening and stopping by the blog!

September 14, 2016 at 3:36 pm
  • Reply Gemma

Hi malukah , my husband has messaged you before and said how our baby Cortana loves your frozen sleep. She turns one years old on the 12th October. Could you do her a small video saying happy birthday please . She waves to you on youtube and even says moo moo when she wants you on ( sorry but that’s as close as she got with your name so far ) .thanks

September 24, 2016 at 5:03 pm
  • Reply Misty Offutt

I’m really curious. What gene is the music you do. I can across it today and absolutely love the story telling in them.

September 28, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Thank you so much, Misty! I’m so happy you like the music. 😀 As far as the genre… I am not 100% sure what it is. I usually call it acoustic folk! 😀

October 3, 2016 at 8:19 pm
  • Reply LJH

Your songs encourage me too. Thank you.

October 9, 2016 at 11:41 am

<3 Big hug from Mexico! :D

November 2, 2016 at 5:06 pm
  • Reply John

Hi, Malukah. Thank you for posting your inspiring music. It reminds that one of the great things about music is that it can express ideas outside of what the written word can do. It’s fantastic that you can make such beautiful music and combine it with video such that it speaks right to the heart of the truth of a person’s living experience. I believe that is art at its best. Your cover of Dragonborn is how I first stumbled across your music. It was a very happy coincidence. Thanks again.

November 3, 2016 at 8:25 pm

John! I’m so happy the Dragonborn cover led you here! Thank you so much for stopping by the site and taking the time to leave this message. It’s so encouraging to hear that you feel the music I’ve shared can be inspiring. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I hope you have a great weekend!

November 5, 2016 at 4:56 am
  • Reply John

I watched your Far Cry: Primal video, yesterday. It was very amusing throughout–especially the way you speared that baby mammoth in its fluffy-baby-mammoth bum, then laughed! 😀 Aren’t video games great? Thanks for posting your game vids. I didn’t realize how entertaining they could be.

November 6, 2016 at 12:54 am

Hahaha! I’m so glad you enjoyed that video! It was definitely a fun moment 😀 hahahahaha! And I agree, games are GREAT! Thanks for watching!

November 7, 2016 at 12:03 am
      • Reply John

I’ve been learning from watching your game vids. It’s an opportunity to check out some games I haven’t played as well as being entertaining. (If I was to record my game play there’d be more cursing, I’m afraid.) Thanks again.

November 7, 2016 at 2:06 am